Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
Seriously crazycajun? He is taking the exam for the second time in 4 hours well after the inital test. He did not take the exam, fail it, and then retake it in 4 hours.
You sure seem to be really concerned about the NREMT results of everybody else. Did you fail it the first or second time or feel your test was more difficult than everybody else's? Sheesh......

G00CH 53

Forum Probie
Oh and if you are taking the NREMT-P remember that god damn Parkland Burn Formula had 3 questions on that.

Yeah our instructor told us to memorize that...as well as GCS, APGAR, Rule of 9's, etc.

I had at least one of PBF, GCS calc, APGAR calc, Rule of 9's, and also had questions about pedi bolus infusion calculations. A lot of the other people in my class had nothing like those. Luckily, I passed. The PBF pissed me off b/c I honestly couldn't remember how to calculate it. Oh well.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
I also had a few questions using the GCS, APGAR, and Rule of 9's on my exam. Luckily, I did not have any med calculation questions. I did have to convert pounds to kilograms though. The only other math question I had was in regards to how many minutes were left in a "D" sized tank using X amount of oxygen. Yeah right, like I remembered that formula :rofl::rofl:

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Seriously crazycajun? He is taking the exam for the second time in 4 hours well after the inital test. He did not take the exam, fail it, and then retake it in 4 hours.
You sure seem to be really concerned about the NREMT results of everybody else. Did you fail it the first or second time or feel your test was more difficult than everybody else's? Sheesh......

First, I asked a simple question in regards to the way he posted. If he would have said "Because I failed my NREMT a couple of weeks ago I am taking the test again in 4 hours" there would not have been any confusion on my part. Secondly, I passed my NREMT the FIRST time. This was when the test were actually written fill in the blank test. I doubt many could pass it at all because the examiner made the test back then picked from a test bank and always picked the hardest questions. Third, I could care less about results. I only get aggravated by those who swear they passed the test in less than 70 questions when I know for fact it is impossible. Sheesh............

tenbee

Forum Ride Along
NREMT-B: Stopped at 70. Passed.

I was a bit nervous about taking the exam because it was a full year after my EMT course was completed.

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member
71 questions and took mine late on a friday so i was stessed all weekend but thankfully i passed, i later asked my teacher what all the fuss was about because i thought it was rather simple.. just must have been my day...... it was my basic exam btw

tiffany9902

Forum Crew Member
71 questions and took mine late on a friday so i was stessed all weekend but thankfully i passed, i later asked my teacher what all the fuss was about because i thought it was rather simple.. just must have been my day...... it was my basic exam btw

i know the feeling i took mine on a friday and waited all weekend till monday to find out if i passed lol congrats

Rob5239

Forum Probie
i have been reading every test study book out their.I have just picked up nitelite software emt signal 18 study helper.I do not really get what im not learning.
This whole certification is taught out of a book,im more of a hands on type of learner.The class took me 2 months to complete got a 83 in the class and found it to be alot of information in such a short time.But i have a general idea of how everything works and operates.

i was also told that knowledge dot wise ur lucky to be around 50%??

so Emt-b knows 50% of what he should
and a I and Paramedic the same... is that manly true?

i passed the class and the pratcial stations the first time.

..To me the nremt is all what would you do first,with the minimal information available..

ps..i took the test 4 weeks ago,and the second time last week.stoped both times at 70.

i am a police officer in bridgeport ct where to join the S.W.A.T team they require a emt-b....not the more basic mrt which ive had for 6 years.. i have 7 more months to pass this exam.before completing swat training.i really do not want to take a re-freaher course and would really want to pass on my 3rd attempt.

idk i never wanted to be a medic but now i need too,so any help to better retain knowledge or advice on what to study.When i took the test i thought no of the questions where related to what ive been studying and their more about the things tuched on it class but

"still what whould you do first in a given scanaro"=consider ALS:excl:

tiffany9902

Forum Crew Member
i have been reading every test study book out their.I have just picked up nitelite software emt signal 18 study helper.I do not really get what im not learning.
This whole certification is taught out of a book,im more of a hands on type of learner.The class took me 2 months to complete got a 83 in the class and found it to be alot of information in such a short time.But i have a general idea of how everything works and operates.

..To me the nremt is all what would you do first,with the minimal information available..

ps..i took the test 4 weeks ago,and the second time last week.stoped both times at 70.

i am a police officer in bridgeport ct where to join the S.W.A.T team they require a emt-b....not the more basic mrt which ive had for 6 years.. i have 7 more months to pass this exam.before completing swat training.i really do not want to take a re-freaher course and would really want to pass on my 3rd attempt.

idk i never wanted to be a medic but now i need too,so any help to better retain knowledge or advice on what to study.When i took the test i thought no of the questions where related to what ive been studying and their more about the things tuched on it class but

In my book they had the paitent care and assessment in every chapter and thats what help me out alot... message me ur email and i will scan and send them to you i didnt pass the first time but the second time i did after i read those... maybe it will help you out a little...

antt07

Forum Ride Along
Stopped at exactly 70 questions (this is for EMT-B) and passed. Less than 24 hours for my results to be up online.
To anyone who is about to take it, I walked out of the testing center 80% confident i failed. I felt as though I didn't know about half of the answers on the test b/c i thought there were two perfect answers and that whole thing. So don't doubt yourself if you walk out not feeling too good about it. You never know!

JD9940

Forum Probie
75 questions in 35 minutes, passed.
kinda curious how people are somehow claiming a pass on less than 70 questions. it was my knowledge that 70 was the bare minimum.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
69 passed -emt-b took about 20 minutes

Strap

Forum Crew Member
Passed EMT-B at exactly 70 questions. It took me about 50-55 minutes.

I finished the test at 1 PM (Central Time). When I got home about 3:30 PM and checked the computer, it already showed me as passing.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaNewbie

Forum Probie

I've been using the JB Learning tests online. They really seem to be helping and it's only $36 for 30 days access. I'm going to run through it for a couple of weeks before I test for NREMT. All the questions so far have been scenario questions, which I think helps you learn more vs. knowledge questions. Good luck.