Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

MedicOut

Forum Ride Along
Yikes!

I just took the NREMT-P test to recert. Holy cow! There were some really crazy questions....I almost said "WTF!" out loud, but luckily caught myself. I took the written test for my original certification.

Walked out thinking I bombed it. The test shut off at 79 questions and I don't recall any repeat questions.

Will update with results. Oh! And this is my first post after a loooonnngg time lurking. :blink:

P.S. Does anyone out there still carry/use MAST trousers??

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Every ambulance in the state of Wyoming is required to carry MAST/PASG pants. I can't remember the last time I saw them used other than to stabilize a pelvic fracture for transport.

And YES, the medic recert test has some off the wall questions.

Let us know how you did!!

WM

Roman506

Forum Probie
Mine stopped at question abou 104 I believe, and I passed. To my surprise, I thought I failed miserably.

MissPacheco

Forum Ride Along
Took my NREMT the first time on Friday the 18th, got cut off at 70 and I just found out I passed!!! ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!!!

ArrowGrad02

Forum Crew Member
Took the EMT-B test this morning at 9:30. Test cut off at 71 questions. Awaiting the results now.

Last edited by a moderator:

8jimi8

CFRN
85 questions 105 minutes remaining: Pass

izibo

Forum Crew Member
I was doing a little research, and the NREMT has revealed at least some data through ~35,000 administrations. It helps to set things straight:

nasemso.org/Meetings/MidYear/documents/margolis.pdf
(it won't let me post URLs, so add www before)

Of the most interesting numbers:

- 70 is the minimum number of questions possible on the exam. If your buddy tells you he passed after 62, 45, or 7 questions, he may be mistaken (or a good story teller).
- Of people who get 70 questions, 81% pass while 19% fail.
- First time pass rates are 72% for the Basic candidate, and 64% for the Paramedic candidate.
- Average test time (regardless of questions) for a Basic exam was 59 minutes.
- Average number of questions for a Basic exam was 94.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I was doing a little research, and the NREMT has revealed at least some data through ~35,000 administrations. It helps to set things straight:

nasemso.org/Meetings/MidYear/documents/margolis.pdf
(it won't let me post URLs, so add www before)

Of the most interesting numbers:

- 70 is the minimum number of questions possible on the exam. If your buddy tells you he passed after 62, 45, or 7 questions, he may be mistaken (or a good story teller).
- Of people who get 70 questions, 81% pass while 19% fail.
- First time pass rates are 72% for the Basic candidate, and 64% for the Paramedic candidate.
- Average test time (regardless of questions) for a Basic exam was 59 minutes.
- Average number of questions for a Basic exam was 94.

I'm sorry but I got 67 questions and passed. And I'm not lying. I thought it was 63 but the report said 67

MusicForLife55

Forum Probie
Just took the test this afternoon, got cut off somewhere between 115 and 120. Now I'm anxiously awaiting my results. I'll find out tomorrow morning :)

kitkat

Forum Ride Along
I took the EMT-B National Yesterday, got the result today "Passed" 50 minutes, don't know how many questions. Whooo Hoooo!