Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
Our class signed up for a website and it seemed to work pretty good, I passed on my first try. emt-national-training.com

Tommerag

What day is it?
I was right about 75 give or a take a few, 30 min passed.

Empress Leo

Forum Probie
Don't remember exactly which question mine stopped at but I took my test on Jan. 4th '11 and it stopped between 70-73 and I passed first time around! Took me about 45 minutes to get through it. Got my certificate and patch in the mail 3 days later! Yay! Now I just gotta do my Live Scan and go pay for my LA cert and I'm set! Awesome!

juxtin1987

Forum Crew Member
70 and passed. You for sure feel like you failed but apparently from all the responses here,70 or close to 70 is the magic number.

This is all a myth.

The design of adaptive testing is that you get x amount of wrong answers of your given level of expected knowledge before it shuts off and says NOPE.

If you're adequate in your expected level of knowledge and answer most questions geared toward you correctly, your test will shut off when it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to miss that "x" amount of questions. If you get every say fourth or fifth question wrong you'll be up in the 110+ questions and still have a possibility of passing the test. Until it shuts off you can still pass pending you answer everything thereafter correctly. Let's say the magic number to miss is 40 and the maximum the test will give is 120 (This isn't accurate to NREMT just an example) If you answer the first 39 questions wrong and get everything right past that, you'll end up at 120 questions. If you answer the first 81 right, it will shut off as you couldn't possibly meet the maximum number of incorrect answers at that point. Now it is a touch more complicated than this as it is an adaptive test where questions below your level of education will count as -2 (or something of that nature) and questions above your level of education will count for +2 and questions geared toward your level of education will count for a +1/-1 respectively.

EMTRNewstadt

Forum Ride Along
This is all a myth.

The design of adaptive testing is that you get x amount of wrong answers of your given level of expected knowledge before it shuts off and says NOPE.

If you're adequate in your expected level of knowledge and answer most questions geared toward you correctly, your test will shut off when it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to miss that "x" amount of questions. If you get every say fourth or fifth question wrong you'll be up in the 110+ questions and still have a possibility of passing the test. Until it shuts off you can still pass pending you answer everything thereafter correctly. Let's say the magic number to miss is 40 and the maximum the test will give is 120 (This isn't accurate to NREMT just an example) If you answer the first 39 questions wrong and get everything right past that, you'll end up at 120 questions. If you answer the first 81 right, it will shut off as you couldn't possibly meet the maximum number of incorrect answers at that point. Now it is a touch more complicated than this as it is an adaptive test where questions below your level of education will count as -2 (or something of that nature) and questions above your level of education will count for +2 and questions geared toward your level of education will count for a +1/-1 respectively.

crap, so tonight i took the test at 530pm and reached 120 questions. does this mean that i have a higher probability of failing? i left feeling like crap...because i think i failed. miserably. anyone who has taken 120 questions think they've failed too. ahhhhhhh!! its so hard!!

unscarred

Forum Ride Along
I Took the test yesterday around 5:00pm. I thought for sure I failed... Not because I didn't know the material, but because i was so nervous and psyched myself out. My test stopped at around 110 questions. I checked this morning and I passed! What a relief..

juxtin1987

Forum Crew Member
crap, so tonight i took the test at 530pm and reached 120 questions. does this mean that i have a higher probability of failing? i left feeling like crap...because i think i failed. miserably. anyone who has taken 120 questions think they've failed too. ahhhhhhh!! its so hard!!

Back when i took my NREMT i stopped at 62 questions, felt decent about most of them but some of the "Do i check pulse before/during/after applying those little electric outlets to the Pt's Chest or do i only check pulse Before/After/then check my own pulse" type questions really left me wondering if i had passed or not. Really all you can do is take the damn test, dont read into where it shut you off too much and hope for the best.

Tcass100

Forum Probie
Im Scheduled to take the exam on friday..I passed my class with a B+ and and our instrctors made us use the EMSCAT and I passed that pretty well too, Im nervous as heck thoug and I hope I do alright!

RomoEMT

Forum Ride Along
Fist post , well yesterday was my second shot at the wonderful National Reg.
the first time i Bomb it, the questions stopped at # 70. I did notice the questions were worded really crappy and confusing ,and never let up .

This time the test stopped at #120 exact, feel really bumped since everyone seems to pass in the 70-80 ish. I did notice less confusing questions , sometimes the questions got super easy, Like a simple BLS ans BSi question . I got a hand full of repeats, mean they didn't even bother to repeat with different wording , just repeat word by word . Well we'll see ...... i'll keep posted

Xenogy

Forum Ride Along
I took mine last summer. I actually didn't get around to taking it until about 7 months after my class. It does make it harder waiting that long. Mainly because of the tricky questions. I just did some online review multiple choice questions the day before, then skimmed through my book as a refresher. Stopped at 120 questions - passed.

RomoEMT

Forum Ride Along
Application Created: 11/30/2010 6:59:00 PM (CST)
Exam Date: 1/14/2011 (CST)
Results Date: 1/17/2011 (CST)

Examination Scored

Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
Officially from the NREMT website , wow im glad this part is over.
!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE THIS IS ACHIEVABLE !!!!!!!

EMTRNewstadt

Forum Ride Along
Application Created: 11/30/2010 6:59:00 PM (CST)
Exam Date: 1/14/2011 (CST)
Results Date: 1/17/2011 (CST)

Examination Scored

Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
Officially from the NREMT website , wow im glad this part is over.
!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE THIS IS ACHIEVABLE !!!!!!!

Good job dude!!!

sredish

Forum Ride Along
when i took mine, it stopped at 68; not sure of the time. 4 of us from our class took it together and we all were between 65 and 72 questions when it cut us off and within about 5 minutes of each other. we all passed. we were all within 4 or 5 points on our class averages as well. we did have one guy from class go to 104 questions then get cut off; he also passed.

the questions definitely got harder and harder as the test progressed. I was told it purposely continues to get harder when you make correct answers to try and get you to miss and push your limits.