Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
70 questions, 30 min. PASSED!

jmason

Forum Ride Along
Took Emt-p at 8 am this morning. There was a lot of hard questions and it shut off at 80. will have to see if I passed later. Has anyone failed at 80?

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
Took Emt-p at 8 am this morning. There was a lot of hard questions and it shut off at 80. will have to see if I passed later. Has anyone failed at 80?

people have failed and passed at every number, however i looked at my question number at 52 and i want to say i answered about twenty to twenty five questions so i was high 70 low 80 and i passed first time, good luck

jmason

Forum Ride Along
people have failed and passed at every number, however i looked at my question number at 52 and i want to say i answered about twenty to twenty five questions so i was high 70 low 80 and i passed first time, good luck

Passed the written nremt p with 80 questions.. YES!!!

CaydenElizalde

Forum Probie
took the test today and it stopped at 120 and I feel like i failed :\ The questions relating to pregnancy are what caused me the most problems, so I know what I need to read up on in the future

hobbit2009

Forum Ride Along
My CBT took me 30 minutes to complete, stopped at 80 questions, and I PASSED.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
So, I took the EMT-B test today at 2:10pm MST.
It took me ~50 mins to go all the way to 120...

I don't feel GREAT about it, but then again I don't feel HORRIBLE about either...
*scratches head* (couldn't find the emote that did that)

emt_jd

Forum Probie
Am I Certified?

Hey guys,
Just took the NREMT exam yesterday. I finished with an hour to spare and completed 70 questions. I checked a hour later and they already had the exam scored. When I check my application status it says:

Exam Date: 6/3/2011 (CST)
Results Date: 6/3/2011 (CST)

Examination Scored

Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

Certification documents will be mailed to the address provided in your account profile by first class US Postal service within three business days.

National certification is not a license to practice. You should contact your state EMS office for information on licensing requirements.

However when I go to "My Certification" it says Our records indicate you are not currently nationally certified. And I don't have a Registry number yet. Can anyone help me out here?

Forum Probie
Hi folks, 1st time posting here... Just want to say that I finished my EMT-B NREMT today at 12P. Cut me off at 69 or 70 and I have to admit that I'm not feeling very optimistic... Test was definitely confusing and I did well in my class and thought I knew my stuff but still, I'm not feeling so good about the test... I'm almost too nervous to check my results.

I used various practice tests online and books while I think they helped, not sure why the test was still meant to confuse and make you second guess your answer.

I guess I'm going to calm down for a bit and when I gather enough courage, I'll check my results, lol!

Forum Probie
I've been checking the 'Check Status of Nationally Certified EMS Professional' link on NREMT to see my test results but so far nothing yet... Is it because it's the weekend and I have to wait till Monday? The wait is killing me...

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
I've been checking the 'Check Status of Nationally Certified EMS Professional' link on NREMT to see my test results but so far nothing yet... Is it because it's the weekend and I have to wait till Monday? The wait is killing me...

Yes, It's because it's a weekend.
They said in the conf. letter that you got that it'd take 1-2 BUSINESS DAYS to be posted online.
Weekends aren't business days :/
It sucks I knowww D:

Forum Probie
I thought so... this wait is going to ruin my weekend... I'm already bummed that I feel I did poorly.

IAems

Forum Crew Member
Best of Luck! I'll tell you this. I finished quick, at about 70 something, and thought I did poorly. Turned out I passed, first try. Not to get your hopes up or anything, but if they stop you short (70ish) I think you either did really good or really bad, and if it turns out to be really bad, no worries, now you know what to study for next time. Also, if it turns out you didn't do well, try and remember next time to narrow it down to two questions if you can; then at least it's 50:50. Relax this weekend, watched pots never boiling and all . . .

Forum Probie
I know what you mean by either I did really well (which I doubt) or I did really bad since I got cut off at 68-70ish... But someone did say you could get cut off at any number and no guarantee you'll pass or fail. I did also narrow/eliminate the two unlikely answers and it was picking the 'rightest' of the two that had me doubting my test results...

I studied and I really thought I know my stuff, but it just seems that all the studying I did, was not tested on... Not to mention some of the questions were rather vague and two answers (or none of them really) can actually apply, just depending which one you should do first...

Anyway, I'm just shocked at how uncertain I'm about the test and if I do fail, I think the only sure way to prepare for my 2nd try is to know the text book (Prehospital Emergency Care by Brady, written by Mistovich/Karren) front to back. I thought I knew enough since I got a 90% in class, but come to think of it, I guess I needed to know even more...

IAems

Forum Crew Member
Percentage

I may be wrong in this, and if somebody works at national registry and knows exactly how the test works, please correct me, but I believe the reason the national registry cuts off for so many people at around 70 is because 70% (get it . . .) It will let you keep going if you make some mistakes, but once you get to a certain point (around 130ish), if you've missed too many to get 70%, the program automatically fails you. Therefore, if you were shut down at around 70, you either got most right or missed too many of those first 70 to even get 70% (meaning missing about 40 questions or so). And, again, if you did miss more than 30 or 40, that's okay. Some people have trouble with tests. If you did fail, take some practice exams before the next test and grade yourself, see where you're at.

Forum Probie
I've done numerous free online practice tests (emtb.com: all 41 tests, smartmedic.com, wps.prenhall.com) and books (Prehospital Emergency Care Workbook by Mistovich/Karren, Mosby's EMT-B Cert Prep and Review, SUCCESS! for the EMT-Basic 2nd Edition by Mistovich) and I did fine on them... By fine meaning I'm getting 75 -85% 1st time and once I learn my mistakes, I go back and study and eventually I get close to 95-100% on all these practice tests... I know some of them by heart but I still find NREMT to be tricky and vague.

That's why I'm saying as much as these practice tests have helped me, if I do fail, I think reading and hitting my text book hard again is the only way to help me.

Sorry for the long rant, but the wait is really getting to me.