Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
It's funny a lot of people who think they did horrible pass. I guess it's good to feel that way walking out feeling that way!
Many feel that way because they were asked questions they didn't know (test asks increasingly difficult questions). I remember choosing a drug I had never heard of to treat a patient because all the drugs I did know were wrong for some reason (dose, concentration etc).

It's funny when people say "that was easy; they just asked the same questions over and over" and are surprised when they fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODIE

Forum Probie
I passed the NREMT-P this week. I was stopped at around 80 questions and PASSED !

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
I took my NREMT (EMT-B) for the 1st time at Pearson VUE yesterday, cut out at #71 and I was sooooooooo disappointed.

I passed my practicals all 1st try, no retakes, got an A in the 8 week accelerated EMT course, and I felt like I really knew my stuff but that written test was brutal. I felt like almost every question had 2 if not 3 right answers and I am super nervous. Everyone at work who did EMT got 80-90s that passed. I heard 70-120 is normal (60-150 was the range) but now I see tons of people passed at 60-70s. My friend took it the same time and ended in 120s so i'm curious what her results will be compared to mine too.

I hope my results are posted later today! FXed!!!
You, and others like you, need to stop being so myopic as to the number of questions and feeling like you failed because of the numbers. I take the recert test every two years. It always cuts off at 70-72. What do I do? I go home, have a beer, and wait. I assume NOTHING either way. But I always pass. I took my NCLEX-RN in April. 75 questions and it shut off. That's the minimum. Did the same thing as usual. Next day I found out I passed. My classmate's test shut off at 75 and he failed. You see? Number of questions don't mean jack. Relax.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AllisonD

Forum Ride Along
79 Questions the first time three weeks ago. Tested 9/9/16 for the 2nd time and I passed with 120 questions! Beyond excited!!

Cassandra Bliss

Forum Ride Along
Oh man.. I Just took my NREMT P this afternoon because I let it lapse. It's been 6 yrs since my medic class.. I have been studying and taking online tests from EMTPREP. My test lasted approx 1 hr, give or take, and it stopped me on approx 82 questions, but there were several questions with medical terms that i have never heard of before! I'm beyond myself... I'm 99.9 % I failed. I Just hate that i feel so freakin' stupid when I test! I feel like I was taking a test to become a surgeon! LOL

Firemedic271

Forum Probie
Oh man.. I Just took my NREMT P this afternoon because I let it lapse. It's been 6 yrs since my medic class.. I have been studying and taking online tests from EMTPREP. My test lasted approx 1 hr, give or take, and it stopped me on approx 82 questions, but there were several questions with medical terms that i have never heard of before! I'm beyond myself... I'm 99.9 % I failed. I Just hate that i feel so freakin' stupid when I test! I feel like I was taking a test to become a surgeon! LOL
No don't doubt yourself you obviously know the material having Been a medic already! I'm sure you did great please let us know when you get your passing results

Cassandra Bliss

Forum Ride Along
No don't doubt yourself you obviously know the material having Been a medic already! I'm sure you did great please let us know when you get your passing results
Didnt pass. I didn't doubt myself until I was sitting there and kept getting questions with terms that I have NEVER heard. I'll keep talking it until I pass because I don't give up, BUT I'm thinking maybe I should do a refresher before attempting it again. My refresher is due in Dec anyway.

Seven Actual

Forum Ride Along
I passed the NREMT today on my first try. It stopped me after 70 questions. It took an hour and 12 minutes to get through the 70 questions.

The exam was stopped at 0912 hours and I received my results at around 1530 hrs.

I used JB Navigate and EMT Prep to prepare for the exam. I completed my EMT class the first week of August. I logged around 40 hours performing practice exams using the two apps.

NAKR1234

Forum Probie
I passed the NREMT today on my first try. It stopped me after 70 questions. It took an hour and 12 minutes to get through the 70 questions.

The exam was stopped at 0912 hours and I received my results at around 1530 hrs.

I used JB Navigate and EMT Prep to prepare for the exam. I completed my EMT class the first week of August. I logged around 40 hours performing practice exams using the two apps.

Good work, now the real learning starts

etphonehome

Forum Ride Along
Made an account just to reply to this thread, as I made the mistake of taking the exam on a Saturday morning and had to wait an agonizing 48-ish hours for my results. Longest weekend of my life. I spent a good chunk of it reading all these posts and trying to decide how afraid I should be.

The computer cut me off at 70 questions (after me sweating and swearing my way through a good chunk of them, and doubting every good grade I'd ever gotten in class) and I realized after I'd gotten out of there that I had 100%, without a doubt, gotten the last question wrong, and that it was a fairly easy one I ought to have gotten right. Was sure I'd failed and was already planning out a new study strategy when, lo and behold, I found out I'd passed. Go figure.

Taylor Emerson

Forum Ride Along
Today I took my NREMT test. The computer closed the test at question 116. The questions for the most part weren't ever just really easy and I knew a good bit of the material I feel like. Just really nervous!! I started the test this morning at 11:30am. Hopefully by morning I'll have my results.. I hope everything pans out. I I passed my EMT final in college that was 200 questions long with a 85. It seemed way harder than the NREMT but still just a state licensure and a career on the line here don't want anything postponed or delayed.

Taylor Emerson

Forum Ride Along
Today I took my NREMT test. The computer closed the test at question 116. The questions for the most part weren't ever just really easy and I knew a good bit of the material I feel like. Just really nervous!! I started the test this morning at 11:30am. Hopefully by morning I'll have my results.. I hope everything pans out. I I passed my EMT final in college that was 200 questions long with a 85. It seemed way harder than the NREMT but still just a state licensure and a career on the line here don't want anything postponed or delayed.

Checked this morning I PASSED!!