Possible clarification on NREMT-B

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Hi everyone,
I'm currently an inactive Basic in Mass, and due to my spouses military obligations I will be moving to the wild blue yonder sometime soon. Because of that I'd like to sit for the National.
My question(s) pertain to Basics taking a Practical exam. I've scoured the threads here and keep getting confusing answers, and I was wondering who would be the best to contact, OEMS here in Mass or the NREMT (which, I can't find any contact info on them...)
Also, do you sit for the written first, or the practical?
Thanks so much for your time
Rose

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi everyone,
I'm currently an inactive Basic in Mass, and due to my spouses military obligations I will be moving to the wild blue yonder sometime soon. Because of that I'd like to sit for the National.
My question(s) pertain to Basics taking a Practical exam. I've scoured the threads here and keep getting confusing answers, and I was wondering who would be the best to contact, OEMS here in Mass or the NREMT (which, I can't find any contact info on them...)
Also, do you sit for the written first, or the practical?
Thanks so much for your time
Rose

I honestly don't think it really matters (at least not so far as I am aware). Both of them tend to trip up the morons in our field so some will advise that one is easier over the other but that is mostly supposition based upon whether they are stronger academically than they are afraid of performing in front of an "audience".