Poll for Female members only

Please select the answer that best matches your perception of EMTLIFE as a female.

• I feel more comfortable as a female on EMTLIFE than other EMS forums.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I feel less comfortable as a female on EMTLIFE than I do on other EMS forums.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I feel that all EMS forums are about the same in regards to females being welcomed.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I have no experience with other EMS forums.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Here at EMTLIFE we are always looking for ways of improving our members experience (no seriously stop laughing I'm serious). To that end I'm going to be polling different demographics that use EMTLIFE to get an idea of how the site is perceived by different types of users. Please only answer this poll if you are a female.

When answering please think of all the EMS related forums that you have experience with. Please select the choice that best reflects your opinion. Regardless of your choice please say a bit about why you feel this way. Remember your opinions matter and we will use them to make this a better site for everyone :)

If you do not wish to answer in thread please feel free to PM me your input. All info I receive will be kept confidential.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I love it on here. Don't wanna go anywhere else. Emtcity was too complicated, and I love my boys here.

That means you too BBG :wub:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I don't post much, because (a female) Sasha is mean to me, and always disagrees:sad:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I stumbled here when doing a search for EMT humor, not long after I started my basic course. I've found that "You might be a <profession> if..." jokes tend to give a good glimpse of what life is like. I was impressed by the amount of info here, and I've stuck around.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't post much, because (a female) Sasha is mean to me, and always disagrees:sad:

I'm sorry my sarcasm detector must be broken. You're being sarcastic right?

DrParasite

I'm sorry my sarcasm detector must be broken. You're being sarcastic right?
you should get it fixed. I know a great guy who does repairs :p

Lozenger19

Forum Crew Member
I like this forum.
The last EMT forum I was part of (UK ambulance) were really mean to me. I asked them what a phrase meant (as I'm autistic and didn't understand), one of the administrators had a go at me for asking and said that I can't use an illness as an excuse for asking pathetic questions.

I was also told (by the same administrator) to leave the forum because i'm a trade union rep and he didn't want union reps "f***ing around" on the forum.

I have not come across those problems (yet) on this forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I feel that EMTLife is more women friendly then EMS itself.

I've been told by patients enough to be annoyed by it...

"Oh I can't believe they would send two women."
"Women shouldn't be doing this, its man's work."
"honey why don't you let your partner (male) do the heavy lifting?"

Implying that because I'm a woman I am somehow lacking in the strength necessary to do this job. That I'm a fragile little leaf who should sit in look pretty in my uniform while the man does the real work.

I'm not. I'm small but I'm strong. I routinely end up at the foot/business end of the stretcher BECAUSE I'm short and can't see in the back, and that means I do a lot of the lifting. And I lift cleanly, no jerky lifts, no knee buckling or unsteadyness.

I've had partners who don't like working with women. (and one who's girlfriend didn't allow it)

However on this forum I haven't seen much anti female mentality and I feel like the women represented on this forum are strong, independent kick *** women that EMS needs and not the weak " I can't lift it, I'm a girl." women.

I think the women on this forum are positive role models younger generations.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

DrParasite

"Oh I can't believe they would send two women."
"Women shouldn't be doing this, its man's work."
"honey why don't you let your partner (male) do the heavy lifting?"
with all due respect to Sasha, it annoys me when two women can't do the job, and have to call more help to lift a 250 lb person. If two men can't do it, it annoys me too. Man or women, if you can't do the job, than this isn't for you. Yes, we all need help sometimes (myself included, had to call for a second ambulance and the FD for a 350 lb person who was in a position where we couldn't use normal lifting techniques), but when you are always calling for help, it's a problem.

The whole men vs womens work is BS. if anything, I have heard more people say that FF is men's work while EMS is women's work; that's why men volunteer to be firefighters, and women volunteer to be EMTs.

And as for your last statement, for all the indignation you feel, there are 10 women who will gladly have the man do all the heavy lifting. Or if you do lift, and get hurt, the question will be asked of the man "why did you have her do the heavy lifting while you just stood there?"
I've had partners who don't like working with women. (and one who's girlfriend didn't allow it)
I have no problem working with women, as long as they can do the job. Then again, I don't like working with anyone who can't do the job (man, woman, both or neither). It doesn't matter what sex you are as long as you can do the job.
However on this forum I haven't seen much anti female mentality and I feel like the women represented on this forum are strong, independent kick *** women that EMS needs and not the weak " I can't lift it, I'm a girl." women.

I think the women on this forum are positive role models younger generations.
Maybe the women who are strong and independent need to kick the asses of the "I can't lift it, I'm a girl"? in wet t-shirts? with tickets of $10 a person with the proceeds going to breast cancer research?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
with all due respect to Sasha, it annoys me when two women can't do the job, and have to call more help to lift a 250 lb person. If two men can't do it, it annoys me too. Man or women, if you can't do the job, than this isn't for you. Yes, we all need help sometimes (myself included, had to call for a second ambulance and the FD for a 350 lb person who was in a position where we couldn't use normal lifting techniques), but when you are always calling for help, it's a problem.

The whole men vs womens work is BS. if anything, I have heard more people say that FF is men's work while EMS is women's work; that's why men volunteer to be firefighters, and women volunteer to be EMTs.

And as for your last statement, for all the indignation you feel, there are 10 women who will gladly have the man do all the heavy lifting. Or if you do lift, and get hurt, the question will be asked of the man "why did you have her do the heavy lifting while you just stood there?"
I have no problem working with women, as long as they can do the job. Then again, I don't like working with anyone who can't do the job (man, woman, both or neither). It doesn't matter what sex you are as long as you can do the job.
Maybe the women who are strong and independent need to kick the asses of the "I can't lift it, I'm a girl"? in wet t-shirts? with tickets of $10 a person with the proceeds going to breast cancer research?:rolleyes:

I get myself in trouble sometimes be because I am overly judgmental of girls who can't do the job. I really, really hate when people are more painful than they are worth, and when girls fail to represent for the female team.

I would line up for the fights of "I cant lift it, I'm a girl" and take all the wimpy guys at the same time.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Thank you for your input folks. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.