Police using Naloxone (video)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
It certainly makes sense for FFs, LEOs, and BLS personnel to have Naloxone IN.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Maryland's adding it for all EMTs next year.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
This story is all over CNN too. Funny how something that's been going on for so long suddenly generates so much interest.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Massachusetts gives it to family friends of known opiate abusers, and that's been going on since I think around 2007.

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
We are already giving condoms and birth control out like candy... why not Naloxone too!

Av8or007

Forum Lieutenant
We are already giving condoms and birth control out like candy...

Mind telling me WHY that's a bad thing.

If people want it they should have access to it easily.

Condoms also protect against sti transmission, another public health benefit.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Mind telling me WHY that's a bad thing.
Because not everyone wants to finance other people's sexual activity, or continued opioid dependency.

If people want it they should have access to it easily.

People do have access to it easily. Thanks to the free market, you can buy condoms at any drug store, grocery store, or gas station, and any pharmacy will gladly fill a prescription for BCP. The same would be true of nalaxone, or more, appropriately, methadone, were it not for state interference via onerous controlled substance regulations.

I tell you what: if I pay for your choice of recreational activity (sex with multiple partners and opioid abuse), then will you pay for mine (fishing and dirt bike riding)??

This growing mentality that we are entitled to have others pay for something just because we want it is pretty unsettling. The suggestion that I am somehow responsible for the outcome of someone else's decisions is plain sickening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Back on topic.