Pictures of Katrina damage

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
For those who go to the Gulf Coast, if you take pictures I'll be more than happy to host them on my site. That way we can keep them all in one place.

Just send them to chimpie[at]chimpie[dot]com.

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
I don't have any pictures but a few of us at the station are willing to go and help the victims and don't know who to contact about doing it. We looked at the FEMA site and it was no help at all, anyone know who to contact, we are in TN and we could probably get a chopper to go along with us.

Thank You for any help,
Tiffany

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Contact your local Red Cross chapter. Right now they are looking for a three week commitment. You'll have to take an "Intro" class at your home chapter, then they'll let you know what needs to come next.

So far our chapter has sent 40+ volunteers.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I would not mind seeing some ground level pics but I would be willing to bet that anyone volunteering is going to be to busy with pt care initially to have much time to be a photographer.

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Thank You Chimpie,
I have collected a few numbers to call for other organizations and never thought to call the Red Cross, big duh on my part! My Father is in this mess right now, he isn't in New Orleans yet he is still working his way thru MS but on his way there and he said it is just heart breaking to see the people doing without even the basics. He drove over a 100 mile to a WalMart to buy some basic food and water supplies to just hand out to the ones he comes across. He told me he wished he would have taken me with him because of the amount of people he has come across that are in need of medical attention. I too wish I would have went with him, I maybe only one person but one person helping is beter than no one at all. I didn't even think to ask him if he had a camera with him, I will next time I talk to him, he has a hard time getting out on the cell phone it took him two days to even call me back the last time. If he has anything then i will get it for you, it won't be until he gets back because he doesn't "do" computers so I will have to take care of that after he gets back. Again thank you for the info and I will definately call them.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm bringing a couple of disposable cameras.

When I get back, I'll get them developed, put onto a CD or I'll scan them in, and email them to you.

Jon

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Email, snail mail the CD, which ever is easier for you or anyone else.