Pick a date for the Gathering (was Second Lashing)

Which dates?

• October 6-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 11-12

• October 20-21

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • October 25-26

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Well we've got October, EVeryone who wants to do this needs to look at thier schedules and let me know what dates would be best. I'm going to plan this as 2 days, one night. If you want to stay longer or come to the gathering and leave that up to you. I'm thinking day 1 we all get there, that night we all meet and the next morning those of us who want to can go to one of the thousands of things to do. I'll look for a hotel close to the main parks with the best price, if we go a bit farther from them we can still get a good deal and most of the hotels have a bus that takes you to them. Or we can find a cheaper activity to do. Either way we'll have a choice and we can make up our minds at the evening get together.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I think we should make it a little longer. Traveling cross-country can really take a lot out of you, and I'm sure those coming from California or Washington would like to get some rest after arriving.

Plus having two days to go out and play would allow those who have never came to Orlando to really experience it.

Also, we might want to call up there to a couple of the resorts to see if we can get a group or EMS discount. We also might want to see if it's cheaper to stay during the week rather the weekend.

Thoughts?

You can also email me at chimpie@emtlife.com.

Chimp

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Great suggestions Chimpie. I was thinking days strictly for the meeting since we're going to have so many varied travel times and I'm sure some will want to stay and some may not. How many days do you think I should allot when I'm getting estimates? I'm sure we can get a group discount but I didn't even think about an EMS discount, I'll be sure to ask about that too.

Anymore input from the rest of you would be great...*wink, hint*