petition regarding EMS instructors

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper

Working Bum
Why would sign for their reinstatement, when we have no idea why they were let go?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Problem is unless one is an official student in those courses, signing this means NOTHING!

As well, why was these instructors discharged? Conflict, costs reduction, poor performance, lack of educatioin?

I have never seen a petition ever work. In fact, it is usually more damaging than helpful. Administrative actions will be carried out, any "wishy washy" decisions will be not be carried through. The only recourse would be for the instructors to take legal action, if applicable.

R/r 911

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I see Zephyr is making his rounds to several forums.

Hmmm? An internet information gathering "mission"?

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
I cannot, in good faith, blindly sign a petition for termination of instructors that I have no further information on. I understand a "take care of your own" mentality, but if they were let go, there had to be a reason.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Problem is unless one is an official student in those courses, signing this means NOTHING!

As well, why was these instructors discharged? Conflict, costs reduction, poor performance, lack of educatioin?

I have never seen a petition ever work. In fact, it is usually more damaging than helpful. Administrative actions will be carried out, any "wishy washy" decisions will be not be carried through. The only recourse would be for the instructors to take legal action, if applicable.

R/r 911

I agree on Rid's multiple points. These petitions are, for the most part, pointless. Why would the opinion of random strangers who don't even have the full understanding of the situation matter to those who made the decision?

Now let's not start hinting at any accusations here, but let's also keep in mind how easy it is to steal one's identity.

For those who wish to sign this or any petition, please do so with caution.

OP
OP
Zephyr

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
Why would sign for their reinstatement, when we have no idea why they were let go?

During their off duty hours sometime in early September 2008, four Saint John's University EMS Institute instructors were enjoying their time off at a night club without undue incident. Some of their FORMER students, who had already graduated, were reportedly in the same night club that same night. Upon learning this, the Saint John's University administration terminated the instructors on or about September 8, 2008.

OP
OP
Zephyr

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member

I see there are some paranoid, negative, and pessimistic people in this forum.

To dissuade your suspicions, I have ZERO ill intent. My sole "mission" in creating this petition and sending it to all the forums and groups to which I belong, including forums of the instructors' past & presents students, is to get our outstanding instructors back. If you want to help, please sign. If you don't want to help, don't sign. Is it going to hurt you to sign a petition? It costs nothing. If the petition fails, it fails. If it succeeds, you will have helped rehire some outstanding EMT and Paramedic instructors.

Other people have tried other means to get them back. This is a last resort. If you take the time to read and sign the petition, I thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Zephyr

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
I will ask again, what are you wanting us to sign? Why did they lose their jobs? What are their educations? How is their records?

You are their student, You have no way of knowing if they are good instructors or not. They lost their jobs for a reason. WHAT was that reason?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i shall decline for two reasons.

one, the utter futility of petitions is abounding. regardless of what television and movies show, students banding together have little effect on a boards decisions.

two, i dont know the school, the instructors, the students or the facts of the case. i have nothing but your version of the story and i have no intention of looking it up on my own. it doesnt affect me in any way.

if these instructors are really that good and they really are innocent of the charges against them, im sure they will have no trouble securing another position elsewhere.

OP
OP
Zephyr

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
I agree on Rid's multiple points. These petitions are, for the most part, pointless. Why would the opinion of random strangers who don't even have the full understanding of the situation matter to those who made the decision?

Now let's not start hinting at any accusations here, but let's also keep in mind how easy it is to steal one's identity.

For those who wish to sign this or any petition, please do so with caution.

The only mandatory fields are Name and State/County/Province. If you're afraid of your identity being stolen, don't sign with your full name, e.g. "Fred A". The only fields visible to the public are Title, Name, Town/City, S/C/P, Region, Comment, and Date.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I see there are some paranoid, negative, and pessimistic people in this forum.

What? Why should we put our signature on something we know nothing about and from someone we know even less about?

To dissuade your suspicions, I have ZERO ill intent. My sole "mission" in creating this petition and sending it to all the forums and groups to which I belong, is to get our outstanding instructors back. If you want to help, please sign. If you don't want to help, don't sign. Is it going to hurt you to sign a petition? It costs nothing. If the petition fails, it fails. If it succeeds, you will have helped rehire some outstanding EMT and Paramedic instructors.

Yes. There is an internet security issue and I don't want my name attached to defend somene(s) who may have been involved in something that I don't stand for. Not only does that include criminal activity but also the failure to meet the required educational requirements.

So the cost to me might be my identity or being identified with something I wish not to.

Other people have tried other means to get them back. This is a last resort.

That speaks volumes!

OP
OP
Zephyr

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
I will ask again, what are you wanting us to sign?

Please READ the original post AND the petition. The link to the petition, which I'm requesting people review and sign, is in the first post of this thread.

"Why did they lose their jobs?"

Please read the above post.

"What are their educations? How is their records?"

I don't know where they went to school and what degrees they've obtained. As far as I know from speaking with their fellow instructors and their past students, they are outstanding Paramedics and instructors.

"You are their student, You have no way of knowing if they are good instructors or not."

Yes, I do. I've been under their personal instruction. I've been under the tutelage of many instructors, of all types, for many years. I too am an instructor (in other disciplines). I know the difference between good and bad instructors, thank you. These Paramedics have been saving lives in New York City and other locations for years. If they weren't outstanding instructors, I wouldn't spend much of my free time to attempt to have them reinstated.

"They lost their jobs for a reason. WHAT was that reason?"

Please read above. Thanks.

OP
OP
Zephyr

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
What? Why should we put our signature on something we know nothing about and from someone we know even less about?

Yes. There is an internet security issue and I don't want my name attached to defend somene(s) who may have been involved in something that I don't stand for. Not only does that include criminal activity but also the failure to meet the required educational requirements.

So the cost to me might be my identity or being identified with something I wish not to.

That speaks volumes!

Then DON'T sign it. Move on to the next thread. How difficult is that?

To those who do sign, I thank you sincerely.

OP
OP
Zephyr

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member

That speaks volumes!

Your internet security was compromised as soon as your computer connected to the outside world, and further more when you registered and logged into this forum. Filling out some empty data fields in a petition will do little to further degrade your internet security. If you want complete internet security, log off from this forum, disconnect your computer from the outside world, and leave it as a stand-alone computer.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
your internet security was compromised as soon as your computer connected to the outside world, and further more when you registered and logged into this forum. filling out some empty data fields in a petition will do little to further degrade your internet security. if you want complete internet security, log off from this forum, disconnect your computer from the outside world, and leave it as a stand-alone computer.

lol!! I would say someone is a little naive on the subject.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Here's the deal. I have been an educator for several years at many institutions and realize one is not fired just for visiting a club. If they have tenure they would not be touched, and if they did violate the morality clause, they ought to be fired. Sorry, if this was the sole reason or case; their adults they knew the rules, they signed the contract.

Again signing a petition on the Internet is not worth one that would be on paper. At least one could wipe with that. If not careful, as a student one can definitely irritate and may change the fate of their future by not "knowing the full story".

Also, I ask how do you know they were great? Ever been to another Paramedic school? No? Then you really have nothing to evaluate and compare by.

Again, the only real course of action would be for the instructors to seek legal advice. Even having students attempt to take action appears unprofessional and may harm their future as educators.

R/r 911

reaper

Working Bum
Please READ the original post AND the petition. The link to the petition, which I'm requesting people review and sign, is in the first post of this thread.

"Why did they lose their jobs?"

Please read the above post.

"What are their educations? How is their records?"

I don't know where they went to school and what degrees they've obtained. As far as I know from speaking with their fellow instructors and their past students, they are outstanding Paramedics and instructors.

"You are their student, You have no way of knowing if they are good instructors or not."

Yes, I do. I've been under their personal instruction. I've been under the tutelage of many instructors, of all types, for many years. I too am an instructor (in other disciplines). I know the difference between good and bad instructors, thank you. These Paramedics have been saving lives in New York City and other locations for years. If they weren't outstanding instructors, I wouldn't spend much of my free time to attempt to have them reinstated.

"They lost their jobs for a reason. WHAT was that reason?"

Please read above. Thanks.

The post does not tell me anything. They were at a nightclub? That is not a reason to be fired. Something must have happened. If you do not know the reason, then I suggest you not back them. This is your reputation on the line.

For all I know from that post, they could have been drunk at a strip club, fondeling the girls and then attacked the former students for no reason! Then they left the club and raped ten women! (see the point here)

Something happened here, that someone is affraid to let out. If that is the case, then they need to be fired. I have no problem standing up to help someone. I will not do that unless I know the whole story.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
hmmmm...no. Just my four cents' worth.

Z, I generically don't "pass on" stuff and especially do not contribute to "pyramids". And I am affronted that you imply this website compromised my security the second I logged on. I'm not one of the longest time members, but I don't feel this post is in the site's intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.