Patient Care Report-Need help

americanredLFC

Forum Ride Along
So we just got assigned our first PCR to write...Scenario is as follows:

You and your partner are on scene at Epcot when you hear someone start screaming in an area near by, you respond to the screams of a bystander to find a man in his 50's with his hands around his throat and appears to be choking.

That's all he gave us. He said make up the rest! Any ideas on where i could take this?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The pt become unresponsive and dies so you do CPR where he turns into a zombie and infects you and the world is over run!

EMT2015

Forum Captain
You size up the scene and ask then man if he is choking. He nods yes, and you immediately perform the Heimlich. The object comes free, but the pt becomes unresponsive. You start CPR and transport to the hospital where the doctors take over.

Deftones

Forum Probie
Responded to Pt location. Pt appears to have been eating a pancake. Two detectives enter, lay the Pt down, and perform a field trach. Attempt fails, but Pt coughs up pancake piece. Paramedic unit from your agency arrives and takes care of Pt while proceeding to scold detectives. Partner and I proceed to assist paramedics with transferring Pt to ambulance. Paramedic unit requests that my partner drives ambulance due to severe injuries to airway.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
You ask the man if he is choking, he nods yes. You ask if you can perform the Heimlich, he shakes his head no. You have him sign an AMA after explaining how he might die. You leave, the man later coughs up a pretzel.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
This is something like what I write, correct me if I'm way wrong.

Walking team 5 was patrolling the footpath near the carousel when screams are heard apparently from the ice cream patio. Walking team 5 followed the sounds and found an elderly make with his hands around his throat. The man was asked if he was choking and he nodded. Immediately EMT#1 began performing chest thrusts on the man and EMT#2 requests ALS for a pt not breathing. Chest thrusts fail to dislodge any object and the pt loses consciousness. The pt is placed supine and is found to have a palpable pulse but no breathing. Chest compressions, airway visualization, and attempts at artificial ventilation were performed in accordance with AHA guidelines. Engine 5 arrived on scene and assumed care of the patient. All times approximate. End of report.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
This is something like what I write, correct me if I'm way wrong.

Walking team 5 was patrolling the footpath near the carousel when screams are heard apparently from the ice cream patio. Walking team 5 followed the sounds and found an elderly make with his hands around his throat. The man was asked if he was choking and he nodded. Immediately EMT#1 began performing chest thrusts on the man and EMT#2 requests ALS for a pt not breathing. Chest thrusts fail to dislodge any object and the pt loses consciousness. The pt is placed supine and is found to have a palpable pulse but no breathing. Chest compressions, airway visualization, and attempts at artificial ventilation were performed in accordance with AHA guidelines. Engine 5 arrived on scene and assumed care of the patient. All times approximate. End of report.

Boooooring

Deftones

Forum Probie
Responded to Pt location. Pt appears to have been eating a pancake. Two detectives enter, lay the Pt down, and perform a field trach. Attempt fails, but Pt coughs up pancake piece. Paramedic unit from your agency arrives and takes care of Pt while proceeding to scold detectives. Partner and I proceed to assist paramedics with transferring Pt to ambulance. Paramedic unit requests that my partner drives ambulance due to severe injuries to airway.
just in case no one got the reference

OP
OP
americanredLFC

americanredLFC

Forum Ride Along
All wildly creative ideas. Thank you very much. I think my instructor wants to keep it less exciting and more specific.

medicaltransient

Forum Lieutenant
Make it turn into an RSI and you push the obstruction into the right lung. You transport with chemical paralysis and one lung ventilation at .5 the volume and 2x the rate.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You arrive to see patient with his hands around his throat, screaming wildly. His wife is hysterically holding her iPhone in her hand and is unable to speak. As you attempt to ask questions, the patient is turning purple and he has obvious JVD. The wife has bulging eyes and frothy sputum coming from her mouth, as she repeatedly says, "what! What!"

As you attempt to ascertain the chief complaint, you glance at the wife's iPhone. She has the browser open to the page showing the price of her tickets and hotel accommodations. You notice that the cost is several thousand dollars.

You immediately become lightheaded and start also screaming "what! What!"

an Epcot park employee rapidly approaches and smacks all of you in the face, chuckles and leaves.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
OP, everyone is screwing with you because you're asking for someone to do your homework for you.

I think the OP was just asking for advice on how to write a PCR and looking for some examples (his/her first PCR?). Instead, we got some great ideas for summer blockbusters. :)

Deftones

Forum Probie
I think the OP was just asking for advice on how to write a PCR and looking for some examples (his/her first PCR?). Instead, we got some great ideas for summer blockbusters. :)
Maybe we can make an official EMTlife movie, like Zombieland?