part time jobs...

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Once I got my License I applied many places (5) . Im currently hired at a IFT company I haven’t not started but been hired and done all my paperwork just waiting on the Training department to get me in. The Main guy has been out on vacation. Well I have got a few other interviews this week and next also for part time. One for standby at horse races and the other is a 911 and IFT service for the Tribe.

Has anyone worked multiple part times? It’s just pick your shifts so I think I can kind of work all but what’s everyone’s option?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Some companies don't allow employees to work for other companies. You should make sure they're ok with it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I work three EMS jobs. Only one is for a private company so I don't have to worry about non-compete clauses in employment contracts.

Be careful with your scheduling and make sure you don't jeopardize your full time employment by double booking yourself or not giving yourself enough time to get from one job to another. Make you are still getting adequate rest before all of your shifts. And don't work yourself to death, I can easily work 100 hours a week if I want but it just kills you.

OP
OP
LaceyA

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
Thanks! Each one is in a different city so i think it will be ok but i will check! the thing is im pretty much PRN for them all. and my reg job is monday thru friday 8-4! who know what will happen :) I may just chose the one i like the most and stay there.

cfd3091

Forum Crew Member
After retiring from the FD part time EMS is my only job. I have two, both County 911. As said make sure you don't double book, and leave enough time to get from one to the other. People will hang over a couple of times but it gets old real fast. If I work a 20x8 one night I usually don't book the next day or do another 20x8 so there is no conflict. From the looks of your distances from job to job this should only be a weekend issue.