Paratrooper Boots

JK773

Forum Probie
I just bought a pair of paratrooper boots. Anyone know a way to break them in other than the “wet method”

If this is the only way how well does it work for EMS

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
From a former Paratrooper, why are you wanting to wear Corcoran Jump Boots in day to day EMS use in the first place??

Honestly when I was in the Army, we only ever wore the shiny Corcorans with bloused pants in Class A (now ASU) uniform, day to day, including jumps, we wore regular ACU boots (I'm a fan of the Rocky S2V's).

So I don't think I ever ended up properly breaking in my Corcorans as I only wore them once in a blue moon with my dress uniforms.

Currently in my FF life, we wear Haix Airpower XR1. I have one pair that i shined up real good out of the box, and only ever wear for formal stuff or going to HQ or whatever. My other pair of XR1s I wear pretty much everyday are nicely broken on and are comfortable (though I think they're starting to be due for a resole). My "dress" boots that I only wear ever so often are noticeably stiffer... the same feeling as my Corcoran jump boots (that I likewise only wore every so often).

So therefore if I had to break in a pair of Corcoran Jump Boots, I'd do it the same way as my Airpower XR1s... simply wear them everyday.

No need for any fancy tricks. You're not gonna have to hump a 60lb ruck 12 miles and/or do any long distance running in them within a week of getting them like an Active Duty Paratrooper, that's why those tricks were developed, to break them in NOW... you have the luxury of time (and not trying to live in them in the field while carrying significant weight significant distances...).

Once again I have to question why you want a pair of military Jump Boots for EMS work. Yes, Corcorans are cheaper than my XR1s... I also got my XR1s issued to me. When i had to buy my own boots for my first EMT job, fresh off Active Duty, I bought a $60 pair of Worx side zip boots. So much more comfortable and practical.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
As I aged, my shoe height diminished. As I look around at other fellow aged providers, I see similar footwear. I guess we can argue the safety aspects of ankle support, etc.....however at the end of the day, I find my low top work shoes to be adequate and preferred. I very rarely wear boots anymore.

OP
OP
J

JK773

Forum Probie
From a former Paratrooper, why are you wanting to wear Corcoran Jump Boots in day to day EMS use in the first place??

Honestly when I was in the Army, we only ever wore the shiny Corcorans with bloused pants in Class A (now ASU) uniform, day to day, including jumps, we wore regular ACU boots (I'm a fan of the Rocky S2V's).

So I don't think I ever ended up properly breaking in my Corcorans as I only wore them once in a blue moon with my dress uniforms.

Currently in my FF life, we wear Haix Airpower XR1. I have one pair that i shined up real good out of the box, and only ever wear for formal stuff or going to HQ or whatever. My other pair of XR1s I wear pretty much everyday are nicely broken on and are comfortable (though I think they're starting to be due for a resole). My "dress" boots that I only wear ever so often are noticeably stiffer... the same feeling as my Corcoran jump boots (that I likewise only wore every so often).

So therefore if I had to break in a pair of Corcoran Jump Boots, I'd do it the same way as my Airpower XR1s... simply wear them everyday.

No need for any fancy tricks. You're not gonna have to hump a 60lb ruck 12 miles and/or do any long distance running in them within a week of getting them like an Active Duty Paratrooper, that's why those tricks were developed, to break them in NOW... you have the luxury of time (and not trying to live in them in the field while carrying significant weight significant distances...).

Once again I have to question why you want a pair of military Jump Boots for EMS work. Yes, Corcorans are cheaper than my XR1s... I also got my XR1s issued to me. When i had to buy my own boots for my first EMT job, fresh off Active Duty, I bought a $60 pair of Worx side zip boots. So much more comfortable and practical.
Thank you for your response, I usually wear Bates 8” standard or with gortex but I was never able to achieve the shine I wanted. I went with the Bates paratrooper boot with the shinable toe and heel

Attachments

• EC3B2F38-C100-4FD3-8D0C-93F82E7B57DF.jpeg
    EC3B2F38-C100-4FD3-8D0C-93F82E7B57DF.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 150

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you for your response, I usually wear Bates 8” standard or with gortex but I was never able to achieve the shine I wanted. I went with the Bates paratrooper boot with the shinable toe and heel
Why are you worried about a perfect shine? The minute you get on the truck and start working they are going to get messed up again. Go for a clean, not super dull look and leave it at that. Most boots will get that no problem. I’ve been doing this job sixteen years and never once has a supervisor or chief complained about my boots not being shiny enough.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
It will blow over. I give it six months. You’ll be shining all day every day, for no reason.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Why are you worried about a perfect shine? The minute you get on the truck and start working they are going to get messed up again.

IMG_1847.jpeg

The current state of my boots... one call out where I'm at and its game over for a good shine. I'll throw a coat of polish on them once in a blue moon cause its just not worth it.

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
I was a sailor, what is shoe shining? Heheh. I wore Rockys or Bates. Slap some polish on there each shift, hit it with a brush. Looks good, protects the leather. Soles wore out long before the leather.