Paramedics For ukraine

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market

Interesting read.
I would imagine they would also take AEMT's and likely any other skilled medical people who would like to volunteer.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Wonder if I could do this while on paternity leave 😅

PotatoMedic

Maybe a better question is, can you field strip an AK-47? 🇺🇦
As long as you are not paid, its a volunteer thing, why not ?
I'll watch a YouTube video.

Summit

Critical Crazy
I feel like the language barrier would be a problem unless you get attached to a foreign legion unit that speaks your language.

So what do the Russians do to you if you are captured being a foreign medical volunteer?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like the language barrier would be a problem unless you get attached to a foreign legion unit that speaks your language.

So what do the Russians do to you if you are captured being a foreign medical volunteer?
Bazinga.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I work on a Federal level, and 2 weeks before Russia invaded there was a long list of civilian jobs at European bases. Good pay, TDY (3-6 month posts). No EMS jobs though

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant

Validity of this Reporting is deemed; Unknown

Russian Troops Capture Ukrainian Paramedic​

Protections of the Wounded and Civilian Medical Personnel are covered under the Hague and Geneve Conventions going back to the early 1900's and updated as recently as 1987.

Last edited:

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Validity of this Reporting is deemed; Unknown

Russian Troops Capture Ukrainian Paramedic​

Protections of the Wounded and Civilian Medical Personnel are covered under the Hague and Geneve Conventions going back to the early 1900's and updated as recently as 1987.

Russia does not follow them.
You will be treated as a mercenary…

Enjoy.

PotatoMedic

Russian TV is already talking about doing public hangings in the territory they have captured.

OP
OP
Sled Driver

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
A

...and as a Civilian, they'll still send you, (via your surviving family), the Medical and Burial Bills even after you're gone.
What will Putin do if the Medic's surviving family refuses to pay for the bullet that killed you or the burial bill they send the dead Medic's family ?

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
Why do Medics not just do it the right way and join the U.S. Military Services, via the Reserves, or other U.S. Government positions.

There are also non-military Volunteer/Standy-by positions with the USG that you are considered an employee of the USG upon activation as a Volunteer.

Guys like these should Chat up some Active Duty/Retired Military or Former .Mil Contractors and get some real life feedback on how its like being a Contractor in a Conflict Zone. You're pretty much on your in in many ways, (ie. long term Medical/Retirement etc).

The older I get, the harder it is to take an assignment without the luxury of carrying a Black U.S. Passport in my pocket., (but most of my OCONUS jobs carried other responsibilities.....

Last edited:

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Why do Medics not just do it the right way and join the U.S. Military Services, via the Reserves, or other U.S. Government positions.

There are also non-military Volunteer/Standy-by positions with the USG that you are considered an employee of the USG upon activation as a Volunteer.

Guys like these should Chat up some Active Duty/Retired Military or Former .Mil Contractors and get some real life feedback on how its like being a Contractor in a Conflict Zone. You're pretty much on your in in many ways, (ie. long term Medical/Retirement etc).

The older I get, the harder it is to take an assignment without the luxury of carrying a Black U.S. Passport in my pocket., (but most of my OCONUS jobs carried other responsibilities.....
Your post makes no sense.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Not everyone is cut out for the military, nor is being a veteran the sole criteria for being a good medic which makes your definition of the "right way" to do it the wrong way for some people.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
Not everyone is cut out for the military, nor is being a veteran the sole criteria for being a good medic which makes your definition of the "right way" to do it the wrong way for some people.
Understood. That's why I mentioned "or other U.S. Government positions."

Self Deploying, Volunteering without an NGO Sponser and/o Freelancing is NOT the way to go.