Paramedic schooling while working full-time - Dallas

gw812

Forum Crew Member
My situation's a bit unique:

I'm a full-time educator in Texas who's on the verge of seeing their certification area eliminated. I love teaching but realize that I'm going to have to add something more to my repertoire if I want to keep doing it in public school. I've also always had a strong interest in the medical field, and having an emergency management background paramedic seems the logical blend of my abilities. I'm taking EMT-B this summer and am trying to find a medic program in north Texas that will give me the ability to take night classes while still working my full-time job (must do it to pay the bills). I haven't found one yet in the area, so: any paramedics in the Dallas area know any schools that offer such a program? I appreciate the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

paemt

Forum Probie
I have searched regarding online EMT-P schools and have reviewed the links you have provided for the two TX schools - which were very informative. I am curious if anyone knows of any schools besides these two? Thanks in advance!

medic417

The Truth Provider
I have searched regarding online EMT-P schools and have reviewed the links you have provided for the two TX schools - which were very informative. I am curious if anyone knows of any schools besides these two? Thanks in advance!

http://www.southplainscollege.edu/ems/prospective-students.htm used to have one.

There's one called training division but unless drastic changes have recently occurred would not suggest using.

There are a couple of others as well that charge tons and not real good reps.

paemt

Forum Probie
medic417 - thanks - will look into that one as well. It's a shame there isn't one repository of info for schools, as it seems so far the only programs I have found are in TX which is a bit far for me. Or should I say if there is a repository of info like that I have yet to find it.

paemt

Forum Probie
Online Paramedic Schools

Thanks for the links! I will look at them this morning. Most everytime I do a google search for this topic i get a bunch of links to schools that don't even offer any kind of EMS program whatsoever. I normally have great results using google, but am striking out on this topic. Maybe I need to change my keywords for the search a bit more...

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Methodist Medical Center in Dallas has a certificate program. I believe they have a night class that meets every third day, if I am not mistaken.

Check it out...

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
There's one called training division but unless drastic changes have recently occurred would not suggest using.

I wouldn't suggest them, even if there were any drastic changes.