Paramedic pass rate per school

BayEMTmaybeP

Forum Crew Member
hi everyone, is there somewhere to look up individual school pass rates (first and other times) in CA? The school websites I check seem to either cherry pick with what I assume is their best year, or simply not list updated years for 2-3 years

Thanks

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
hi everyone, is there somewhere to look up individual school pass rates (first and other times) in CA? The school websites I check seem to either cherry pick with what I assume is their best year, or simply not list updated years for 2-3 years

Thanks
Pass rates for students who passed the program or pass rates for students who passed NREMT?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
There are two number you need to look at; pass rates against the NREMT exam, and pass rates in the program.

from the link above, take the following dataset:

Mt. San Antonio College CA-19011 26 100% 18 100% 26 100% 28 100% 29 100%

With the relatively small testing class (compared to some others), my guess is their program is pretty tough, so by the time NREMT testing comes around, they have already dropped students who haven't retained the knowledge to pass the test.

Now compare that to this dataset:
Los Angeles County Paramedic Training CA-19008 96 77% 105 76% 93 87% 85 75% 86 76%

much larger classes, but not everyone passed. maybe they didn't drop people midway? or just kept people in the program so the NREMT exam would reject them?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
With the relatively small testing class (compared to some others), my guess is their program is pretty tough, so by the time NREMT testing comes around, they have already dropped students who haven't retained the knowledge to pass the test.

That would be a correct assumption. My info is mostly from what others have said. Their program is tough and is regarded as one of the best in the state.