Paramedic Degress?

DPM

Forum Captain
Any one have any advice / info on these?

My Medic course is just a certification etc and not part of a degree, does anyone have advice or experience in transferring EMT-B and P qualifications into credits for an AA?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
alot of cc's or tech schools offer an associates degree in EMS. If you are already a medic you would only need to take the general education classes. Microbiology, patho, A&P, math, etc.

there is a newer degree that some schools are offering. AAS in community paramedicine. it is expanded scope and focuses on non traditional medic roles. Others here can probably explain it better than I can.

I went to school at NMCC in Maine. here is the curriculum they use. i am sure others use similar. you can prob do it online someplace if you already have your medic.

www.nmcc.edu/pages/nmcc/academic-de...ergency-medical-services/curriculum---aas.php

OP
OP
D

DPM

Forum Captain
General Education... sounds dreamy :D

Thanks for the advice mate. Now, can anyone help me edit the title? Paramedic Digress makes me sound like a retard

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
if you can do the general ed stuff first(and understand it) it will make Medic a lot easier.

OP
OP
D

DPM

Forum Captain
I'm already half way through Medic, not finding it too hard. Just didn't fancy heading back to school to do another A&P class. Oh well, it shouldn't be hard.

NorCal

Forum Crew Member
Personally, I would peruse a management degree of some sort. Getting a college degree in the same discipline as your formal training has severe limitations in the real world. Management training/ skills are needed as you progress through your career. Start thinking about the future/ future needs or your organization would be the best advise I could offer you. (Just my .02 cents)

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I am currently is a BS public safety and management program. It is 100 % online from university of Maine. George Washington university has some online ems and management degrees.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Tim, do you have a link to your program? I'd like to check it out.

http://www.umfk.edu/safety/administration/

If you want any more info pm me and I will answer anything I can. Online programs pay in state tuition. I just found that out after 3 semesters of paying international Canadian tuition. They transferred my AAS plus other classes I have taken. My concentration is EMS and minor is behavioral science.