Pants

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
What type of pants is everyone wearing? ****ies, 5:11? Do you even wear EMS pants? and what is a good manual Bp kit? I have looked through posts and saw for scopes. but nothing about pants or Cuff kits (other than auto).

OP
OP
VFFforpeople

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Thank you very much!!

OP
OP
VFFforpeople

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
haha!! I did run google searches, just I dont know what brand is better or what not.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
What type of pants is everyone wearing? ****ies, 5:11? Do you even wear EMS pants? and what is a good manual Bp kit? I have looked through posts and saw for scopes. but nothing about pants or Cuff kits (other than auto).

I wear what Aramark provides my company for me. And, as far as my bp cuff, haven't used it since school.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Right now I'm just wearing Proper EMS pants, but I do want to try the new 5.11 pants. Either way I go with the cheapest pair that has the pocket on the legs, as I hate belt pouches, and I do like to carry shears with me on shift

OP
OP
VFFforpeople

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Thank you for your input, and ya the new 5:11 looked sweet, so I may consider, but cheap looks better on the old pocket book. Might buy one of each and see what I like more. Rather pay a bit more for comfort than cheap and be annoyed. Ya a few people at the station have their own BPs but I may just go with my own scope for now, and save for BP.

syd

Forum Probie
I've got a couple of different kinds of 5.11's and I love 'em both. I got a pair of cheapies off of Galls clearance... they really aren't too bad, I like 'em better than some other brands of pants I've tried. I also have a high dollar pair of 5.11's and they are just great: fit, function, durability... and by the way, 5.11 didn't pay me to say this either :rolleyes:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
And, as far as my bp cuff, haven't used it since school.

Do you not do manual BPs? That is all we do! We just got a Zoll M with the NIBP attached, but our SEI says we can only use it after we get a manual and she dosent like us to use it when the rig is moving.

On the pants, on day shift I like to wear Elbeco EMS pants. (You can get them thru Galls.) I like them as much as 5.11 and they arent quite sa spendy. Plus their sizing fits me better. They are tough, dont fade easy and have some kind of liquid repellant. (So I can wipe my coffee off my lap before it soakes in!:rolleyes:)

reaper

Working Bum
Elbeco's are the best out there. Will last longer then most.

BP cuff? I use the one on the truck?

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you not do manual BPs?

Yes, I do manual BPs, but, I don't use MY cuff, I use the one in the rig, or the one in the jump bag, or the one the firemedics bring in, or, or, or. MINE stays in my POV though.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, I do manual BPs, but, I don't use MY cuff, I use the one in the rig, or the one in the jump bag, or the one the firemedics bring in, or, or, or. MINE stays in my POV though.

Ahhhh.....ok, same here. I guess I miss-read it.:wacko:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wranglers. Tough durable and not as hot on a summer day.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Tru-Spec or 5.11 for me.