Paged out as an overdose

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Medical professionals can conduct a thorough assessment and come to the conclusion that not everybody is sick, rather then just transporting everyone to disguise their incompetence as providers. They want to go they go, they dont there advised of the risks involved if any exist. I dont loose sleep either way.

With the training at the EMT-B level, this is not advisable.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Again vent you seem to be one of the only people who had a problem with this thread.

Actually, she isn't. I and another have discussed this thread in great length via AIM. But she's the one taking her time to try and educate you.

Vent is a very smart lady, I suggest instead of getting defensive you try and listen to what she's saying so you can learn something for the next call.

You made a mistake by making an assumption, but that's okay. We all make mistakes, that's how you learn. Let's learn for the next call, so you know what questions to ask to do a thorough assesment!

Last edited by a moderator:

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
With the training at the EMT-B level, this is not advisable.

My medical directors feel different.

I dont know what to tell ya write a congressman.

By the way professional has nothing to do with education. You cant seem to grasp that concept.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
My medical directors feel different.

I dont know what to tell ya write a congressman.

By the way professional has nothing to do with education. You cant seem to grasp that concept.

Here we go again.

110 hours of training does NOT give you professional status. The Congressmen have already spoken on that which is why ambulance services are reimbursed as they are now`.

No EMT-B should be making a judgement on medical calls to refuse transport.

OP
OP
G

garett1979

Forum Probie
I keep reading 110 hrs. I just finished my training, and we were required to have 200 class room hrs, not including ride time

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Here we go again.

110 hours of training does NOT give you professional status. The Congressmen have already spoken on that which is why ambulance services are reimbursed as they are now`.

No EMT-B should be making a judgement on medical calls to refuse transport.

Anyway....