Overseas Contracts for EMT-I

Luv2Resq12

Forum Ride Along
HELLO !! I am 23 yr old female , just recertified my EMT-I and I am looking for overseas contract job. I'm not sure where to start. Anybody have any ideas ? ^_^

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Absolutely!

Become a paramedic, get 3-5 years experience with a busy 911 service and then start looking. In the meantime, take critical care paramedic, remote paramedic courses and look into safety courses.

wandering_idiot

Forum Crew Member
If you're looking for remote/offshore medicine, you'll need your paramedic to be considered for about 99% of the jobs out there.

If you're looking for a Middle East contract, the majority of jobs that allow for an Intermediate are tactical jobs (for the most part) so you would need to get a background in that.

I'm not sure if the GW gig in Kuwait hires Intermediates, but you could check there as well.

Stay Safe

OP
OP
L

Luv2Resq12

Forum Ride Along
Thank you ! I'm going to see what I can do . I'm moving to the Dallas, TX area so if anything I'm going to try to get on with Highland Park . They send their employees to the police academy , Paramedic school and Firefighter program . They are all cross trained so one day you will be a police officer and the next you will be a Paramedic :) Hopefully I will get on with them and be the " jack of all trades. " Thank yall for your help , I am going to keep looking into it since it is something that I want to do .

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I do commend you on your high hopes!

You may want to have a few options up your sleeve though, Highland Park is one of the most comptetitive gigs out there. There are "triple threat" (one who already holds all 3 public safety certifications) applicants that get turned down on a regular basis. Just about all of the current folks I know up there applied as a Paramedic and I know many Paramedics practically drooling at the chance for that $70K a year job. It's difficult to be competitive as an EMT-I.

Best of luck to you though.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief