Overcoming the NREMT

Mitchishin13

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, I have taken the NREMT a handful of times and it's sure got my number, however I am confident in my abilities as an EMT and I refuse to let the test keep me down. Today I got the Success for the EMT book in the mail and I plan on going through that, but I was wondering if anyone had an additional study guide they used to help them through the test. Anything that will help me get past this speed bump will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This is where the search feature is your friend. This is a frequently asked question here at EMTlife. There are several web based test prep services that have been used successfully and there are threads on all of them.

Good luck on your next go 'round.

OP
OP
M

Mitchishin13

Forum Ride Along
This is where the search feature is your friend. This is a frequently asked question here at EMTlife. There are several web based test prep services that have been used successfully and there are threads on all of them.

Good luck on your next go 'round.

I've used a lot of those online test prep sites, I am looking for more of a study guide that helped other users to compare to my own study guide.

newemttx

Forum Probie
used Learning Express.

I hope this helps. I took all of the exams and it really seemed to help me on the NREMT.

Last edited by a moderator:

slewy

Forum Lieutenant
What helped me pass the NREMT was remaining calm during the test. Obviously you need to know the basics and vocabulary. However, on the scenario questions just take your time and use common sense. It really helped me for passing the NREMT because I thought through each step and used my common sense.

heresay

Forum Crew Member
I used EMTPrep.com and it sure helped me. It's $34.95 for 30 days but I thought it was worth it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Stay calm, take your time and don't panic. Also do some research on adaptive testing. Google test anxiety.

FirefighterEMT

Forum Ride Along
Success for the EMT is a great book i had someone quiz me out of it several times prior to the test. I went in and tested and the computer shut me down at only 70 questions. I knew i had failed the next morning I woke up and checked my phone and there was a text from my instructor asking how it felt to be an EMT. Checked the NREMT site and there i was. Study out of that book quiz yourself if you wanna get more in detailed on something look in your EMT book after. You got this dont give up if you want it bad enough you will earn that patch. Good luck.