Orlando/central florida paramedic jobs

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
i'm a paramedic from new york and looking to get a job down in florida. I just got my florida state paramedic card. Looking for job leads that are somewhat decent, i know huge pay cut from ny but full time jobs are hard to come by where i'm from

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Could always start by narrowing down to a desired area of living...FL is quite diverse as it has Urban, Rural, Coastal....all depends on what your life is outside the job, ya know.

Pay scales do vary but again it is dependent upon your answer to above question.

And you are you opposed to interfacility or you only want 911 gig?

Help us, help you.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, I am the idiot who only saw Florida while reading your post...instead of the big flashing ORLANDO/CENTRAL FLORIDA. :) Mea Culpa.

Anyways, if you want to stay in Central FL/Orlando, you are pretty much limited to interfacility transport companies. There are a few 911 gigs but most everything in FL is fire based.

You can try Rural Metro or American. There are others, but majority will be inter facility.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Lake EMS is a 911 county 3rd service. Lake Co borders Orange Co to the West.
The other option for (actual) 911 without a fire cert is EVAC (Volusia Co), though employee satisfaction has been less than optimal for a few years over there (dynamic posting and county micromanaging). If you don't mind doing just IFT, American Ambulance is paying their 24 hour CCT medics significantly more than the other medics in the state.

OP
OP
P

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
Yes, I am the idiot who only saw Florida while reading your post...instead of the big flashing ORLANDO/CENTRAL FLORIDA. :) Mea Culpa.

Anyways, if you want to stay in Central FL/Orlando, you are pretty much limited to interfacility transport companies. There are a few 911 gigs but most everything in FL is fire based.

You can try Rural Metro or American. There are others, but majority will be inter facility.
thank you for the reply, i see that in my research. i did the IFT here in ny as an emt and loathed it lol. i've been working as a first responder paramedic doing 911. i applied to rural metro but still says i'm being considered for the job. i will look into american. thanks again

OP
OP
P

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
Lake EMS is a 911 county 3rd service. Lake Co borders Orange Co to the West.
The other option for (actual) 911 without a fire cert is EVAC (Volusia Co), though employee satisfaction has been less than optimal for a few years over there (dynamic posting and county micromanaging). If you don't mind doing just IFT, American Ambulance is paying their 24 hour CCT medics significantly more than the other medics in the state.
thank you, i will look into these avenues as well. thank you again

ScottTheIntubator

Forum Ride Along
Also check polk county fire rescue, from time to time they hire single cert medics. As well as run very few ems only boxes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk