Oregon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Anyone from Oregon? What do you think about teaching in the state? Any suggestions?

-Matt aka The guy who is desperately looking for a job

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Alaska!

Move to Alaska!

I wanna move there...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Move to PA.... Or florida.... that would cover most of the Forum members ;)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oregon is too cold. And besides I hear all the teachers there are poopyheads....:p :p

You should definantly move south. But not to far. Perhaps NW Florida. We do have the prettiest beaches in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! Even better than those yucky blucky beaches in the Naples/Sarasota area.... B) :p :p :p (so take that Monkey boy and Nutty Girl!!)

....ok...Perhaps I should get a nap in...I am working a double and so far have had 2 hours sleep since 4 am yesterday....

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
EMTPrincess said:
You should definantly move south. But not to far. Perhaps NW Florida. We do have the prettiest beaches in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! Even better than those yucky blucky beaches in the Naples/Sarasota area.... B) :p :p :p (so take that Monkey boy and Nutty Girl!!)

*cough cough*
Siesta Key Beach –
Best Sand Beach in America 2004

The Travel Channel has named Siesta Key Beach as the “Best Sand Beach in America 2004.” The announcement was made by the Travel Channel during a one-hour television show called “America’s Best Beaches.” It’s the second year in a row that Siesta Key was chosen for the elite list by a panel of beach experts reviewing criteria such as cleanliness, sand quality and surrounding areas.​

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Chimpie said:
*cough cough*

[/left]

OH NO!! Chimpies Choking!!! Quick....put your arms over your head and someone get over there and smack in on the back....

REALLY....The Travel Channel says so, eh??? Too bad it couldn't be a nationally recognized, upstanding service that knows anything about the best places to travel....The Travel Channel...PFFT...What do THEY know???:p :p :p :p :p

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I would have to say I prefer Missouri over Florida. I was born and raised there.

As far as Florida being "rural" some parts are, but I was raised in West Palm. I can assure you that is anything but rural.

I like Missouri because of the change in seasons. The winters are usually pretty mild.

I wish I could help you out Bruddah!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Oregon or Washington are both good choices, especially if you stay away from any major city (Portland, Seattle, etc...) Wasington doesn't have an income tax, but Oregon doesn't have a sales tax.

You stay in the eastern half of both states, you'll also have a good chance to get on a vollie dept. if you want to keep running EMS.

As far as the winters or cold goes, I've lived here three years now and have only had to shovel snow once and wear long johns three times. Our golf course is open almost year round. I've felt colder days in FL and CA than I have here.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Move to colorado - home to all that is EMS:

Steve Berry ;) :) :)
Thom ****
AMR ;)

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
You're using Steve Berry as a reason to move to Colorado.... ????? I'd be more inclined to use the beautiful scenery and the number of calls... but of course, that's just me.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
joemt said:
You're using Steve Berry as a reason to move to Colorado.... ????? I'd be more inclined to use the beautiful scenery and the number of calls... but of course, that's just me.

It's too cold there, prolly snows all the time.

Move to Alaska. Just because.