Opinion on Age

lampnyter

Forum Captain
Well since i know about Darien post 53 from first hand experience, Darien is a VERY small town that gets about 2 calls a day if they are lucky.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Really? There's a call volume requirement to warrant ALS response? I bet we have less calls here and we manage to have a paid Almost exclusively ALS (EMT-I and EMT-P) service in one of the poorest counties in my state.

I find that the need for ALS is usually inversly proportional to the average wealth of the community.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I find that the need for ALS is usually inversly proportional to the average wealth of the community.

I agree, especially since a lot of the poorer communities are in a more rural area that can benefit from ALS more than Urban systems

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well since i know about Darien post 53 from first hand experience, Darien is a VERY small town that gets about 2 calls a day if they are lucky.

VERY small? Wow. If they're very small what is Pecos? We have maybe 7500 people currently living in town.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Since people were commenting on how they get paramedics earlier, according to their website, it's not mutual aid, but contracted work. So, on the bright side, even if they aren't consistently using paramedics constantly, at least they are paying for it still.