Online EMT-B course

Jineus95

Forum Ride Along
Hello!

I am a high school student (17 year old).

I am from Virginia and I want to become an EMT.

However, I cannot make it to the county's EMT class because it conflicts with my schedule. But if I can take an online class, I can challenge into the Virginia and my county's system.

I know I will lack hands-on training, but I am already a member of a fire&rescue station and I can get 4-6 months of experience/training from my chiefs/fellow EMTs by joining a duty crew as I learn from an online EMT-B class.

Do you know of any Online EMT-B courses that accepts 17-year olds?

Thank you in advance!

Tommerag

What day is it?
Does Virginia use registry testing, or the NREMT? If they use NREMT you have to be 18 to test with them, if they use their own state testing you'll have to check for age requirements. Granted EMT-B class is not difficult at all, but if you can find something online you will have to make sure you put in all your time into to make sure you are keeping up with the course and work.

What are your plans after becoming an EMT-B?

medic417

The Truth Provider

I know I will lack hands-on training,!

False. There are no completely online classes. The online classes require you to complete the book part online but you still attend skills classes to learn how to implement the skills read about.

As to age not sure.

Best online program is percomonline.com

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Are you planning to volunteer or seek a paid position?
Emt classes are not very long (couple hundred hours) you would probably spend a lot and i mean alot of money to do it online and still have to travel to test then get NREMT. You will more than likely be able to do a local class within the year with a lot less headache and be able to focus your full attention to it. The class is easy but some people struggle with certain parts or get behind and have trouble catching up.

OP
OP
J

Jineus95

Forum Ride Along
Virginia's requirement of age is 16, so I'm eligible.

and I plan to stay as EMT-B for a while, and then work my way up to paramedic later when I go to college. I will always be a volunteer though.

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvly

Forum Ride Along
I just took a written and skills test to continue the EMT-b program here in southern California and it was intense for any beginner. It was very competitive. I would wouldn't want anyone who took an online class take care of me. Just make time, it will be worth it.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I would wouldn't want anyone who took an online class take care of me. Just make time, it will be worth it.

Spoken with no knowledge of what you speak.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It was very competitive. I would wouldn't want anyone who took an online class take care of me. Just make time, it will be worth it.

The first two years of medical school, for most students, are basically online. Sure, we had to show up for exams and clinical courses, but the lectures were audio-video recorded and hosted online for us.

medic417

The Truth Provider
The first two years of medical school, for most students, are basically online. Sure, we had to show up for exams and clinical courses, but the lectures were audio-video recorded and hosted online for us.

Oh crap I don't want no online educated doc.:rofl:

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
J

Jineus95

Forum Ride Along
I volunteer in Aldie area.

Do any of you know an online EMT-B class, or heard of any of them?

krtemt

Forum Crew Member
If your in texas then check out percomonline.com. They offer an online EMT thru Paramedic course.

medic417

The Truth Provider
If your in texas then check out percomonline.com. They offer an online EMT thru Paramedic course.

Seems like I posted that somewhere. :blink:

And you can take it even if not from Texas.

krtemt

Forum Crew Member
yes you did. I just got the list of clinical sites and they do have places across the US.