Oldest medic you've worked with

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just curious the oldest medic you've work with. Mine was a 77 year volunteer. Guy had some stories that would curl your har.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
72 years young. During the school year he is a professor at a Texas university. He summers in the mountains and runs as a PRN medic at one of my side gigs. Also he runs marathons. Weekly.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just as an FYI the oldest flight attendant I worked with was 86 (my day job is a flight attendant) He passed away about 6 months later. He used to take his wings off and nap in empty seats while working. Intresting guy he was a retired postal carrier and spend time in a Japanese internment camp durring World War Two.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Don was in his 70s when I worked with him, and he's likely in his 80s now, and last I checked, still working as a paramedic. He spent 30 years in the army, retiring as a colonel, and then decided to become a medic which he has done for 20+ years (not sure what he did during his 11 year retirement before he decided to go to paramedic school).

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I worked with some double digit medics in NJ. We started in the 80s so these guys are in their 60s and 70s now

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We've got a 73 year old field supervisor, still makes calls daily.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Saving this thread for when my co-workers, who could dang near be my grandkids, start giving me static about, 'be careful you don't want to break a hip" and other "old" jabs, I can point out that I have a way to go, before I can claim any age seniority. I'm 68 btw.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
We've got a guy working F/T on a regular rotation that just turned 72 a few months back. He's been on the job since 1968. Started as an RN in the mid 60's but switched over to ambulance. He could have taken his full pension a long time ago, aged out of benefits and effectively makes less in take home then if he just retired. He's keeps pushing his retirement date back though and I don't believe he's going to retire unless circumstances force him to. I think he's got three bars on his Governor General's Exemplary Service Medal at this point.