Older driver in fatal crash in Stoughton has record of accidents

imurphy

Forum Captain
Not completely EMS related, but with the recent discussions on driving:

Older driver in fatal crash in Stoughton has record of accidents, including two in Newton

STOUGHTON —

The elderly woman who authorities say ran down and killed a 4-year-old girl in a crosswalk over the weekend was declared an “immediate threat” on the road and her driver’s license revoked today.

The Registry of Motor Vehicles officially revoked the license of Ilse Horn, 88, of Canton, indefinitely on Monday as an “immediate threat,” two days after the child was struck and killed.

The action comes after 4-year-old Diya Patel was struck and killed while crossing Route 138 in front of a bank with her grandfather and two siblings shortly after 11:30 a.m. Saturday.

The fatal accident was the latest crash involving Horn where, as a result, she had to pay higher auto insurance because she was considered responsible for the accident.

More:
http://www.wickedlocal.com/newton/n...s-record-of-accidents-including-two-in-Newton

JPINFV

Gadfly
This is tragic. The family is well known in the community and the incident happened on the main throughfaire going through Stoughton.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
Ian, and JP. I know this is tragic, but those kids and grandfather should not be crossing 138. that is a very, very dangerous rd. I wouldn't even cross it and i am 27. and i can walk (sometimes) and run.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I definately agree that it's kinda of stupid to cross at an uncontrolled crosswalk, but there was a crosswalk present at least.

willbeflight

Forum Lieutenant
Wow! That's horrible! Why did she still have her license after the last two car accidents? How many times does it take before they decide that some older drivers are a hazard to our health?!

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I also read she was on her scooter, its very sad. Elderly driving is becoming quite the heated debate.