NRP Recert via Con-Ed

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Can National Registry make recert any more difficult? They now have 3 different models for recert, and having just taken the exam the last two recert recycles I am a bit out of practice of NREMT recert via the "traditional model" and am planning to recert via Con-Ed.

Between ACLS, PALS, STABLE, NRP, ITLS & ATLS, teaching, and our critical care classes/cadaver labs I have plenty of time to recert via con-ed I believe. Where I think I am going to be short is medical. It pains me to sit in classes like AMLS, but it's better then sitting in a full recert class. However, none of the classes in my area are going to fit into my schedule.

So is there anyone who has done any online CE stuff specifically for medical topics, and will these apply for the 5 and 3 hours of topic coverage for NRP under the traditional model? Don't feel like it has ever, or should be this confusing, especially with the amount of freaking training I do at a CC HEMS job and working FD/EMS.

Any input would be super appreciated!
Cheers,

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The test is a breeze, why bother with Con-Ed?
Because the test is only based off the bare minimum information that is provided in medic school. With CE you are able to expand that information and education well beyond what is the minimum.

OP
OP
CANMAN

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
The test is a breeze, why bother with Con-Ed?

Well, alot of the reasons Desertmedic said. I also have to participate in a ton of con-ed and hold certain certs for work, so why not apply it to NREMT and pay 20 bucks and not have to take a test vs. paying 120+ to take a test yet again I have proven 3-4 times I can pass. It's not about the difficulty, I am tired of paying them money every two years, and I only need a few hours in a specific topic.....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@CANMAN why not just find some 5-hour online CE’s in the “medical” category?

I just re-upped my NRP, and felt somewhat confused as well since it’s now all done “with the click of a button” (yeah, yeah cue the millennial jabs, lol).

I’m in the same boat that you are, and yeah, I don’t want to pay to retake any exam if I can help it.

OP
OP
CANMAN

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
@CANMAN just find a couple of 5-hour online CE’s in the “medical” category?

I just re-upped my NRP, and felt someone confused too since it’s now all done “with the click of a button” (yeah, yeah cue the millennial jabs, lol). I’m in the same boat that you are, and yeah, I don’t want to pay to retake any exam if I can help it.

So you re-upped via con-ed as well? Are online CE's able to be applied to the "mandatory" content section as well or just the flexible section? Any specific site you liked to get the CE's?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So you re-upped via con-ed as well? Are online CE's able to be applied to the "mandatory" content section as well or just the flexible section? Any specific site you liked to get the CE's?
I think I used CE Solutions for some state CE’s since they wouldn’t take my Creighton CCP course as con-ed. As far as NRP, I was able to utilize Creighton’s course for all but 8 pediatric category CE’s, so I ended up using a PALS class; that was my “same boat” remark, sorry for the confusion:).

It’s not as tricky as it seems once you enter the CE’s themselves. I do miss just sending my paperwork in. I think this is (was) the last time I can use the traditional model option, so I’ll have to use the NCCP model next year.

OP
OP
CANMAN

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I used CE Solutions for some state CE’s since they wouldn’t take my Creighton CCP course as con-ed. As far as NRP, I was able to utilize Creighton’s course for all but 8 pediatric category CE’s, so I ended up using a PALS class; that was my “same boat” remark, sorry for the confusion:).

It’s not as tricky as it seems once you enter the CE’s themselves. I do miss just sending my paperwork in. I think this is (was) the last time I can use the traditional model option, so I’ll have to use the NCCP model next year.

Ok cool thanks for the info! Yeah I saw the layout for the NCCP and don't love it, although it appears to be less hours. 72 hours every 2 years for us, 40 hours for nursing smh.....