NREMT ugh

Quel23

Forum Probie
So I took my NREMT yesterday and Im not feeling very confident about it. I went in feeling really good, but some of the question rergarding scenarios really got me! I think I was really overthinking it :/ I feel like the information I have from class is not what I needed to be studing. :sad:

Hope I passed!

untico

Forum Probie
I'm taking my nremt-b on thursday 29... is that the one you took? any pointers for me?? :cool:

unitedterra

Forum Ride Along
I failed my first time from overthinking the questions. Just remember when you get to each question ABCs. Once I did that my test ended at around 40 questions and I passed. Just go through your ABCs before anything else and you'll do great!

OP
OP
Q

Quel23

Forum Probie
:( I failed my first try, got near passing on all categories excpet trauma got above passing... So now Im just trying to figure out how to re apply for the test??

KyleG

Forum Crew Member
:( I failed my first try, got near passing on all categories excpet trauma got above passing... So now Im just trying to figure out how to re apply for the test??

Sorry to hear that man, you might want to look into a NREMT book. They have some good ones on Amazon. I used Sucess and the Kaplin book. They really helped me on my national.

And for the re register im not really sure, but im sure its on the site, NREMT.org

jonathanrs89

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what link exactly will the results be under in the nremt website? I took it about 7 hrs ago, I do not know if the results are up.

untico

Forum Probie
your page will change stating that you passed it...

it can take a while my results didn't post till next morning @ about 6 am pst

OPQRST

Forum Probie
Checked 10 min ago, i passed !!

Oh yeah!!!...
Congrats!

It's a tough test...

When I took it (all the way back in December 2011) I had no idea if I passed or failed. Our EMT-B class started out with 23 students, only 8 of us had good enough grades to take the course (our instructor was tough but great) and only 4 of us passed the NR. A few of the other (8) took the State exam and passed.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Only 8 out of 24 had grades good enough to test?

Sounds like a pretty lousy instructor.

EMT-B isn't rocket surgery.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
It's a tough test...

No...just, no.

The NREMT is not a hard test (basic or paramedic), it seems that the anxiety of the testing process is what kills people rather than the actual material.

untico

Forum Probie
i agree with fast65 ... anxiety and they build up the test to be something its not....

i finished it in 25 min and was very easy-simple-basic for me, the tests we had in our class were way harder than this one

jonathanrs89

Forum Crew Member
I agree, the test was not hard at all, what was killing me was that it seemed so easy to be true. Most of the time when I think I did great I do not, and viceversa. And to think that after doing horribly in my first test in class I was going to drop the class. I think my instructor prepared us so good, he was so strict but we learned the stuff and it paid off.