NREMT Tips and tricks?

LovelyAngel339

Forum Ride Along
I just passed my state EMT-B test and I'm preparing for my NREMT test on the 31st. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks on to be better prepared other than taking online practice tests and reading the book again. I'm horrible at online tests :wacko:

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
Quizzing yourself with flash cards and online videos worked well for me. Know the "how/why" stuff works is better than knowing answers to questions, if that makes any sense. Reading the book again is also great. No real magic pill to take to pass, just rock solid foundation and knowledge needed.

takl23

Forum Crew Member
Agreed with the above post. I would've liked to have known that you are not allowed to go back on any questions once you answer them. Once the question is answered the answer cannot be changed.

One thing to do is RELAX. Once you get in the testing center and you sit at the computer take a moment to take a few breaths. People get so worked up they answer questions wrong. You have plenty of time to finish the test. I happened to go to question 125 and I was done in about an hour and I passed.

Best of luck!