NREMT Supine

SapperEMS

Forum Ride Along
Good Afternoon I'm gonna be taking the NREMT Practical for the AEMT level in NH. I'm pretty confident about it but I was wondering on the Supine Immobilization station. What is it that most people fail on? Any tips you can give me? For you people that graded the station, what was it that you failed people on? Any help would be great. Thank you.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
The BLS backboarding station for the aemt exam isn't any different than the BLS exam. So you've already done this successfully. Just do that again and you'll be fine.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Memorize the skill sheets and you'll have no issues.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Recheck distal functions after strapped to the board seems to be the main one that is failed (I test out trauma assessment and supine every semester for an EMT program).

OP
OP
S

SapperEMS

Forum Ride Along
Recheck distal functions after strapped to the board seems to be the main one that is failed (I test out trauma assessment and supine every semester for an EMT program).
So as a examiner what do you usually fail people on the Supine Immobilization? You have any advice of passing 100% Like:

-Tighten the straps good?

-do CSM's more than twice?

-Verbalize everything?

Thanks

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So as a examiner what do you usually fail people on the Supine Immobilization? You have any advice of passing 100% Like:

-Verbalize everything?

Thanks
Before and after placing your patient on the board. Seriously, my medic school pal drew this station as his "BLS" skill for our NR final, and passed everything but this because he forgot to reassess CSM after the patient was packaged.

He had to drive somewhere else and retake that one skill for a silly slip up, so yeah, learn the practice sheet and follow it to a tee.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

-Verbalize everything?

Thanks
Recheck distal functions, PMSC, CMS, or whatever you want to call it after securing the patient to the board is what I normally end up failing students on since it is one of the major fail criteria.

To pass: practice, don't change anything up (we always get students who fail because "John the firefighter showed me a different way of doing the straps" but they only watch it so when they try it they have no idea what they are doing), relax, and take your time while you are taking the test.