NREMT Practice Quiz Resource Thread

Yenko24

Forum Ride Along
Awesome stuff thank you, about to take it soon.

Wildland FF

Forum Probie
I've used several resources.

REA's EMT-B Flashcard book. Lot's of scenario's but pretty easy.

Pearson/Prentice Hall EMT-Achieve. Contains 4 150 question tests and a handful of 20 question tests in specific areas. Also on the pretty easy side. Very simple, straight-forward questions.

EMT-National-Training.com. unlimited amount of tests here. You must pay to use this site, and I believe the prices vary depending on what level of tests you are taking. Pretty good website. Kind of helps you learn how the NREMT questions will be like, with the 1 stupid answer, 1 wrong answer, 1 right answer, and 1 best answer.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Rather than start a new thread on a topic that im sure has been beaten to death, ill just ask in here.

Do free test prep sites actually exist?!

Im testing as an I/99 in a few weeks and i cant find too many online resources to help me prepare. I guess i dont mind paying for a quality site, but free is preferred. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nimrod_BasketCase

Forum Probie
I reviewed all the quizes on here and felt they were all pretty easy. I passed nationals, but I can't say if prep from these quizes helped any. I ended up checking a book out at the library and it was really helpful so I wanted to recommend it. EMT-Basic Review Manual for National Certification. I saw at least two questions in this book that were on nationals. As I am in a pretty progressive state, it also helped me clarify where NR's stand v. my state and what NR considers the standard. Anyway, I just skimmed over the answers before the test, but I felt this book was the best review for nationals that I had found.

Cool I got that book when I bought my book for school. I've been looking over it.

Squad-6

Forum Probie
Anybody know if the NREMT I CBT is off the new AHA guidelines or the old ones? ie. C-A-B or A-B-C's ????

Just finished up an EMT-I course & my instructor informed registry will be using the old way until sometime in 2012 when they start testing the new EMT-A..

EMS123

Forum Crew Member
Same textbook for EMT-B:

Easy to follow question categorized for easy reference.

GREAT RESOURCE!

Chrissy1

Forum Probie
I-99

I am looking for somewhere that has practice tests at the I-99 level. Do you guys know of any out there?

mm505

Forum Crew Member
>the website doesnt always work quite right, but it gives you a fair idea of where you stand.<

After being out of EMS for 20+ years, I was still scoring upper 70%. Funny that the Basic parts I missed more than the Paramedic parts! This site is a great help!

smokeater

Forum Crew Member
Thank you all very very much. Been asking for a while today. Ive not checked all the sites and will, but im looking for advanced EMT questions. Ive been doing EMT-I and B test just to get in test mode but would really like AEMT tailored questions. Testing tomorrow and not nervous or unpepared, but would be super nice to atleast look at some advanced questions. Dont mind payng, but i dont want to pay $50 bucks for a month when I just need it till tomorrow at 2(granted that I pass it first time....which I will...again hopefully). Anyone...Bueller....Bueller...

blachatch

Forum Lieutenant
What is the best paid site that prepares you the best? I take my test on the 8th and dont mind paying for a good practice site. This is for EMT-B.

Thanks

sue

Forum Ride Along
Word of advice to all those getting ready to take there NREMT test, make sure to take your test on a week day and not on a weekend. Save yourself the wait, and stress.
I agree :) I took mine a few weeks ago on a Friday and drive myself crazy until Monday.

LadySashaEMTintraining

Forum Ride Along
Need Help passing my NREMT any tips

I guess my reason for not passing the first time i was too nervous and i freaked out. I guess i also read in to the question to much, any suggestions? on what to do i am going on my second try and I definitely want to pass it this time :lol: I was stopped at 113 with more than half an hour left??

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
medic practice and basic

emtprep.com $35 for a month with a garanteed pass