NREMT (EMT-B) Medical- HCTZ Situation

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Here we also check mental status with the stroke scale.

Again, fundamentally incorrect. The CPSS does NOT assess mental status, it only focuses on key points that may help a provider determine neuro deficit that would indicate stroke. You may (and most decidedly should) assess mental status on your possible CVA patient, but know that it is NOT a segment of the CPSS.

JMorin95

Forum Crew Member
Again, fundamentally incorrect. The CPSS does NOT assess mental status, it only focuses on key points that may help a provider determine neuro deficit that would indicate stroke. You may (and most decidedly should) assess mental status on your possible CVA patient, but know that it is NOT a segment of the CPSS.

I never said it was, in my state we have it included.

PaddyWagon

Forum Crew Member
Is not mental status something you get during normal process anyways? And part of the focused assessment ? If I have a poor internal mapping of the process I'd like to fix it sooner than later =)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I never said it was, in my state we have it included.

In your state, it's included as part of the assessment, but not as part of the CPSS. (Maine Protocols, Gold 9)

y6edunyn.jpg

JMorin95

Forum Crew Member
In your state, it's included as part of the assessment, but not as part of the CPSS. (Maine Protocols, Gold 9)

y6edunyn.jpg

Again I'm not claiming it as part of it but if the OP did not state mental status during the exam to the examiner that could be another fail.