NREMT-B waiting for approval?

GoldenBeaR6

Forum Probie
Hey y'all,

How long did it take for your EMT-B class to verify your completion, making you eligible to schedule the NREMT-B exam? It's been a week or so, and I'm getting antsy!

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Your teach should have told you how long the process take. Usually it takes 2 weeks i hear. So check the application status 2 weeks of the day you finish. Hope that made sense

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Took 2 days for skills to be verified, and another week exactly for class completion to be verified.

But it depends on how lazy/not your instructor is.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Would you all reccomend getting NREMT? What does it do for you?

Here in Texas, it is required to get your initial state cert. Nothing bad about having it really, as it makes the transition from NR state to NR state much easier.

Plus, you get an extra 2 letters on your name tag!

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
You need to google your state department of health. Our instructor put our class passing part up there for us right away. The practicals took the longest and I had to call the guy at the state to see what was up.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It took over a month in Washington. December 13th was the course completion, the results were at NREMT on Jan 27.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It took over a month in Washington. December 13th was the course completion, the results were at NREMT on Jan 27.

That's ridiculous. You need to tell your instructor that he needs to be faster.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That's ridiculous. You need to tell your instructor that he needs to be faster.

Nobody tells this instructor anything. :) It's a very political system over here in King County.

And if you think the month of waiting for NREMT approval is bad, it's at least 3 months from the time you complete the course 'til you have your county/state cert. Amazingly slow.

OP
OP
G

GoldenBeaR6

Forum Probie
got verified today. turns out the program coordinator couldn't figure out the website and didn't care to ask anyone. hard to believe he's never done it before. :rolleyes:

McLovin05

Forum Probie
It took about 2 weeks for everything to be approved for me, course completion was done the first week and then after calling and harassing them I got the practical skills and payment approved and my Authorization to test came a day later.