NREMT-B Question, some confussion..

MexicanEMT

Forum Probie
I took an EMT-B class and completed it 12/2009; went online 6 months later and did the nremt application, they verified everything and I was set to schedule a day/time for my exam; that didnt happen because I had a family emergency and left to Mexico. I came back a month ago, went on to the NREMT website and was able to schedule a NREMT exam day, my last day to test was the 12/31 and I took the test on 12/30. Studied like crazy in a week and a half and took the test, just checked the nremt site and it says this:
EMT-Basic / EMT Application Summary:
Exam Date: 12/30/2011 (CST)
Results Date: 1/2/2012 (CST)

Examination Scored
Show All

Congratulations on passing the NREMT National EMS Certification cognitive examination. Your passing results on the cognitive examination will remain valid for up to one year (twelve [12] months) from the date in which you took the examination, provided all other entry requirements of the NREMT are met. If you do not successfully complete both the psychomotor and cognitive examinations within 2 years of your EMT-Basic education, you will be required to repeat another, entire, state-approved EMT-Basic course and retake both the cognitive and psychomotor examinations.

I am in CALIFORNIA

Under certifications it says i am not certified, so I am thinking this has to do because my actual skills (psychomotor exam) expired a year ago, correct? I did pass the CBT exam, so can I still go somewhere, redue my skills and qualify, or do I have to take the class all over again? I am pretty confused..

Thanks in Advance guys,

Eddie

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
I took an EMT-B class and completed it 12/2009; went online 6 months later and did the nremt application, they verified everything and I was set to schedule a day/time for my exam; that didnt happen because I had a family emergency and left to Mexico. I came back a month ago, went on to the NREMT website and was able to schedule a NREMT exam day, my last day to test was the 12/31 and I took the test on 12/30. Studied like crazy in a week and a half and took the test, just checked the nremt site and it says this:

I am in CALIFORNIA

Under certifications it says i am not certified, so I am thinking this has to do because my actual skills (psychomotor exam) expired a year ago, correct? I did pass the CBT exam, so can I still go somewhere, redue my skills and qualify, or do I have to take the class all over again? I am pretty confused..

Thanks in Advance guys,

Eddie

Bingo. I'm in the same boat (but I'm on the East Coast.) Because your prac was over a year ago, you have to take a STATE qual exam. Contact your school/instructor and see if you can sit for one. I'm doing the exact same thing. I cert'd in 2010AUG and sat for the CBT in 2011DEC, so I have to take the state practical again.
Ooooooph. There's gotta be an easier way...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
OP
OP
M

MexicanEMT

Forum Probie
I know a paramedic who does the skills testing, he works for AMR, my EMT Professor told me about this guy. Could I test with him, or do I have to call my state EMS and ask?

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
I know a paramedic who does the skills testing, he works for AMR, my EMT Professor told me about this guy. Could I test with him, or do I have to call my state EMS and ask?

I would assume so, but it would probably be in your best interest to double check w your OEMS.