• Yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say leave things as is. I thought this sort of thing is what we have the Lounge for. At least that's how I saw the Lounge was, general discussion. Our non-ems threads are doing well at staying in that section. If we add a GAT section then it will be two general discuss-all sections.

I agree.. I think that the lounge already serves this purpose. I am a part of a few other EMS forums that have strayed FAR from their original intent.

Jo

If I want specific EMS related information, I'll not be going to a non EMS section for answers. I like the ease with which I can find the answers I'm looking for and I appreciate the the direct, no BS manner in which they are delivered. It mirrors my own style.

Also, I've been a moderator of forums for years and speaking from that angle, I would not want to have to read thread after thread of topics that I likely will have absolutely no interest in just to make sure everyone is following the rules. If it were specific to the theme of the board that's different because that's what I signed up for but, a free-for-all? Not interested.

Having said that, I actually voted "don't care" because if the majority of people find a use for such a section, fine. But I'll likely not be participating in it. I'm here for one thing and one thing only, EMS. I'll focus my attention on that.

Now I would suggest if this was going to be created that it be limited to posts from members that have a certain amount of posts already on the other boards, the same way new members are not permitted to post on some of the forums boards until the achieve a goal of posts. This would give members a feel for the posters and an understanding of where they are coming from over time.

Also, if you do decide to add a general topics forum you could set it like another forum I visit so the posts in the general topics forum do not count towards the post count.

Back