Nitro Man

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
I found this on an online newspaper. They had it under the Humor section which was weird....

"We responded to a 45 Y/O male who called 911 because he felt weak and light headed. We arrived on scene to find a 200 pound male lying in bed. He states that the only medical problem he has is angina. He has also has started a stop smoking program. He felt a strong urge to smoke so he thought he'd put 2 nicoderm patches on and that would do it. What he did not realize is that instead of nicoderm he put on 2 nitro patches and it dropped him to the floor in about 5 minutes. He was quite humiliated and felt much better after the nitro wore off."

It ended with "Go Nitro Man!"

Harsh...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Great story. I missed a nitro patch once. We got to the hospital, it was removed, and the patient's condition improved significantly. I don't believe the nitro patch was the primary dx, but it definitely contributed to the problem.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I find them hard to see because they're clear. Around here we got a lot of elderly pts. and they dont always remember they have them on.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by DonQ@Nov 13 2004, 03:05 AM
I found this on an online newspaper. They had it under the Humor section which was weird....
That is weird, to be in the humor section. Seems more like it should be in a health awareness column or something like that.