NIMS Compliance

How compliant is your agency with NIMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NJN

The Young One
I have been wondering about everybody's agency's compliance with the NIMS. From what I have personally seen, not many agencies around and including mine are fully or even minimally compliant. So, I would like to know how much your agency is complying.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Did it a couple of years ago, that was it. Personally, I doubt we will do it again, just alike many of the EMS services. Great idea and that's it.

We abolished 10 codes way before NIMS.

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
Fully compliant. Only 10 codes allowed are 10-4 and 10-8. Everything else must be plain English!

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
no 10 codes, only plain english here :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
10 codes were pretty much a thing of the past when I left. Every once in a while someone might use it and the only official 10-code was a distress call. Outside of the strike teams, no one was required to take NIMS though.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
I have been wondering about everybody's agency's compliance with the NIMS. From what I have personally seen, not many agencies around and including mine are fully or even minimally compliant. So, I would like to know how much your agency is complying.

Our entire EMS field staff have completed ICS 100,200,700,800. We no longer have 10 codes and they occasionally are used as it is a hard habit to break. We still use a couple of signals for DOAs and emergency send help and MVC but that is it. I personally have had 300 and 900 but only due to being an Emergency Mgmt student.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
10-4, we 10-89ed the 10 codes.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
No 10 codes here, we're almost fully compliant. A few stragglers haven't finished the NIMS testing, but most have.