Nice Cops?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Can't remember anyone I (or my friends) ever let off for drunk driving or spousal/child abuse or any felony crime for that matter. Also, anything that involves personal integrity.
really????? you actually believe that??????

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/off-duty_nj_state_police_offic.html

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/state_police_look_the_other_wa.html

and those are just the ones that hit the paper. It might not have happened to your personally, but it does happen, and incidents like this are not isolated to the NJ State Police (which was the agency involved in the above two articles), nor does it only happen in NJ. It happens more often that you probably are willing to admit.

Police officers will almost always back fellow police officers, except when the PO is 100% undeniably wrong. than there will be no support, but little condemnation. Remember the police officer who choked the paramedic on a call? cops on various forums were all saying the paramedic was wrong, and the cop was 100% justified in his actions.

BTW, I have been pulled over by LEOs for motor vehicle offense. been ticketed too, and let go as well with just a warning.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Let's see. To name two from California alone...

The homicide of Oscar Grant at the hands of Officer Johannes Mehserle.

The brutal beating death of Kelly Thomas at the hands of 6 Fullerton police officers. The one where it took a month for FPD to even seriously begin to look into it.

Are you telling me you've never noticed that when ever a police officer ever does anything remotely wrong, intentional or not, the first thing police officers do is circle the wagons? Heck the Grant/Mehserle incident is akin to physicians circling the wagons around Conrad Murray.

Funny, could have sworn you said MOST cops. I've yet to see any sort of evidence of MOST cops, aside from your anecdotal stories that don't really prove "most cops" covering something up.

Remember the police officer who choked the paramedic on a call? cops on various forums were all saying the paramedic was wrong, and the cop was 100% justified in his actions.

Go back to the umpteen threads WE had on it here and you'll see a good portion of Paramedics and EMTs saying the paramedic was in the wrong too...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Funny, could have sworn you said MOST cops. I've yet to see any sort of evidence of MOST cops, aside from your anecdotal stories that don't really prove "most cops" covering something up.

Go back to the umpteen threads WE had on it here and you'll see a good portion of Paramedics and EMTs saying the paramedic was in the wrong too...

Actually I think you were the only one defending the cop.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

chuck stank

Forum Probie
Actually I think you were the only one defending the cop.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

131492235714-seinfeld_had_enough.gif

JPINFV

Gadfly

So... show me the support in the LE community for the Mehserle conviction.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Wherever there is power...

...there is corruption.

It is not the rule with these people or those professions or them guys, it's something, we, as human beings are all too prone to embrace. Corruption is the easy way. Backing your Buddies means that (maybe -- it's playing the odds; that's what being corrupt includes) they'll back you, in peace and war and everything in between.

The proportion of cops who are corrupt in the work they do is equal with the proportion of medics who would be if they had the opportunity!

Some jobs, like politics and law enforcement and money-generating enterprises have a lot more opportunities then we do. When moral slippage occurs in our business, however, the stakes are lives.

So I say it's a human thing defined by opportunity. And, yes, I have taken advantage of such opportunites as presented to me by corrupt cops, thereby joining them in their corruption! In the towns that I worked where this happened, however, part of the deal was that most of us would die for each other if called to do so, but what does it matter? Corruption is corruption and it's a game we, those damn humans, invented.