NHCPS

KN4AVY

Forum Ride Along
Hello,
I just joined today after completing online BLS/ACLS at NHCPS.com. I would like to know if they are legitimate, and if I can perform the procedures I was taught.
Thank you,
Theodore

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Do you currently work as an EMT or Paramedic?

OP
OP
K

KN4AVY

Forum Ride Along
Neither. I am taking an EMT Course the August before going to Paramedic school

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Then you can do CPR and basic first aid. If you actually took ACLS, then no, you can't start intubating and pushing amio.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
BLS and ACLS require a hands on skills portion which does not look like is offered by this program.

OP
OP
K

KN4AVY

Forum Ride Along
Im going to take a hands on practical with my local Rescue Squad in the near future

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Some organizations only accept AHA/ARC(specifically to avoid having to deal with these pretend certification courses).

Until you are properly credentialed and actively working for a licensed service, you are at best a first responder(and right now not even that). CPR, the most basic of first aid, and dialing 911. That's your skill set right now. Anything beyond that is going to land you in hot water.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
You'll have to see what your state/local service allow.

Michigan states:

Acceptable CPR cards are as follows: American Heart Association, American Red Cross, ASHI, and AAOS/ESCI. Additionally, ANY CPR certification that is done completely online WILL NOT be acceptable.