New Years Eve Plans ??

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Well I've been crazy sick the past couple days. Today I started feeling better (and therefore sure that I wouldn't be in bed suffering), so I called my friends and they all had plans so I'm essentially SOL. I'm honestly thinking of calling in and offering to switch shifts with one of the unlucky :censored: who got stuck working. Hey, it does pay better than a normal shift.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
me... I'll probably be in a flow hood making nicardipine, or precidex, or amiodarone drips for ICU... till 23:30... then driving home (30) minutes to probably watch the ball drop (if I make it in time)

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
And you get a full moon. And it is the second one this month. And THAT only happens every like 30 years.

So: New Year's Eve+Full Moon(2nd one this month)+the 30 year odds of that night being the one to get the second full moon/EMS providers love of the full moon=A busy night

Have fun!

I hate math. :p

I just found out today that my chief offered two of our EMS units (one of which I'm assigned to tomorrow) to Whyte Ave (an avenue which is the main nightlife/entertainment district in my city, which just so happens to be adjacent to the university and all its fraternitieshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Strathcona, sororities and plenty of other college and uni students). I'm going to be so busy with ETOH and assaults I don't think I'll even realise it's 2010 until dispatch tell us to refuel and head home... Or until we're still staged and the sun is coming up...

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I have to do a stand by shift at a lame as sh-t concert, downtown by myself, so lame!

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
getting drunk off my tail. lol

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
Partyyyyy

SOOO rare not to be working on a full moon night and so clubs and parties it is.

BUT...I do not intend to get wasted and I do plan to have my jump bag in the back of my car because there are going to be some maniacs out tonight and accidents seem to follow me.

Last edited by a moderator:

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
So: New Year's Eve+Full Moon(2nd one this month)+the 30 year odds of that night being the one to get the second full moon/EMS providers love of the full moon=A busy night

Have fun!

You get a full blue moon every 19 years on New Years Eve.
I send my pity to all of you working tonight unless you are a call crazy probie. I'm off tonight but work tomorrow. Get your IVs and puke buckets and activated charcoal and syrup ready..oh yeah, and you may want to pack extra restraints and handcuffs. :beerchug:

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Partyyyyy

I do plan to have my jump bag in the back of my car because there are going to be some maniacs out tonight and accidents seem to follow me.

same here... and knowing that it'll be 23-2330 when i leave work to commute home... its gonna be wild!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Watching TV because I have no life. :(

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok did anyone else notice **** Clark forgot number 13 in the countdown.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally back at the station after a loooong night. Glad I was only on standby.^_^

nemedic

Forum Captain
Working, but on the desk tonight/this morning. Luckily, since 1600, only calls have only been a smoke alarm or two, syncope, SOB, and changing a dressing.