New to ems, please help

hydro310

Forum Ride Along
Hi my name is Chris and i'm currently working on receiving my EMT-B cert. Assuming that I pass my class, I would like to know where you guys think is the best place to get hired with an ambulance group? Any where in the states is fine. I'm currently in Southern California and as you can imagine jobs of any sort, especially within EMS, are extremely scarce.

Thank you for your help and stay safe.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Hi my name is Chris and i'm currently working on receiving my EMT-B cert. Assuming that I pass my class, I would like to know where you guys think is the best place to get hired with an ambulance group? Any where in the states is fine. I'm currently in Southern California and as you can imagine jobs of any sort, especially within EMS, are extremely scarce.

Thank you for your help and stay safe.

Apply at all company. There are oversupply of EMT in socal and as such it will take time to find a job. Also do not forget to do accreditation in Los Angeles if that is where you thinking of working in addition to taking dmv ambulance exam. Also starting next year you will to do accreditation for orange county.

OP
OP
H

hydro310

Forum Ride Along
I am not sure where i would like to work yet but if I could land a job in L.A then that would of course be great.

As far as the dmv ambulance exam, I was not aware that I had to complete something like this. What exactly is it and what do I have to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

TacoMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
I'm in Ventura County by the way, Its bordering L.A county.

Gold Coast and AMR are both very strong in that area. It's difficult to get into AMR there, but the pay is great. I would say you need to apply anywhere and everywhere and don't give up til yo have a job. If you go into LA County, there are A LOT of companies in the Valley. AMR runs some 911 on the West Side with County Fire.

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Go to nursing school. In the mean time go to AMR its the best of all the shyster companies out there. Antelope valley Wich is LA county
Has a lot of companies AMR, West coast, Bowers, Antelope valley ambulance, Americare and a few others so just shop around its a revolving door you'll find work good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Gold Coast and AMR are both very strong in that area. It's difficult to get into AMR there, but the pay is great. I would say you need to apply anywhere and everywhere and don't give up til yo have a job. If you go into LA County, there are A LOT of companies in the Valley. AMR runs some 911 on the West Side with County Fire.

AMR = Gold Coast, as of a few months ago