New NBC Show about Paramedics

Hockey

Quackers
One-hour drama

Like an adrenaline shot to the heart, Trauma is an intense, action-packed look at one of the most dangerous medical professions in the world: first responder paramedics. When emergencies occur, the trauma team from San Francisco General is first on the scene, traveling by land, by sea or by air to reach their victims in time. From the heights of the Transamerica Pyramid to the depths of the S.F. Bay, our heroes must face the most extreme conditions to save lives, and give meaning to their own existence in the process.

http://www.nbc.com/trauma/

http://www.emsresponder.com/web/online/Top-EMS-News/NBC-to-Debut-New-Paramedic--Nurse-Dramas/1$9470

Watch the preview. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What are they planning to show? IFTs? SF is fire based.

(haven't seen the preview, on my phone at work)

NOTHING will beat 3rd Watch!!!!

ChargerGirl

Forum Crew Member
i prefer beach patrol san diego hahahha. same thing probably. i swear half the show was missing children who just wandered off and the show trying to build up drama like they were abducted or drowned:rolleyes:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
If I remember right, NBC didn't do too horribly with 3rd Watch, so maybe this won't be too bad? Maybe....

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
not bad,

over dramatized, yes

cant beat house though...thats a good show

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmm does SF have that many helicopter crashes? In the preview they show at least two and one is a flying ICU

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
You guys notice aroudn 1:58 i think, They're working on a guy who becomes conscious, and they have an OPA in him?! I lol'd.

mikie

Forum Lurker
I'm giving it one season...

I couldn't stop laughing through the entire preview. I don't think I'll be able to take a show like this seriously.

This show is going to demonstrate how NOT to do skills (ie intubation) and now we're going to see all these paragod, EMT, whackers, etc doing these incorrectly in the field thanks to TRAUMA

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Its looks intersting enough, but really and truly...Those are some HOT looking paramedics. Of course most people on TV are. Once I become a flight medic, maybe I will look like the one in the Blue Jumpsuit... :p

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
What are they planning to show? IFTs? SF is fire based.

(haven't seen the preview, on my phone at work)

Third watch is the best ever I watch it every morning. I think it looks like it may be a entertaing show, E.R. outside lol. They had to come up with something to replace it with right?. I am an adrenalin cowboy well cowgirl I guess lol.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Ok, I might as well admit I will watch it at least once or twice, but am guessing it is going to be too over the top for me to make a habit of watching it. While it will bring attention to EMS, too bad it will most likely be of the variety we would rather not have.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Good gosh. It's suuuper cheesy.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
not bad,

over dramatized, yes

cant beat house though...thats a good show

Not bad, drama yes. That works for TV. I'll watch a few episodes to see if I like it.

I do love house though, probably my favorite show. It would be hard to beat. But it is cool that there is a new show focusing on Prehospital medicine on tv, maybe it will be better than those before it. Who knows...

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Also, I would like to add to my previous post... Do those of you who are in EMS really think that day to day calls could make a tv show that holds viewers? You really have to take the most dramatic calls to make it into something people might watch. So I'll be waiting for the season to premier and watch it even though it will be mostly fictitious like most tv shows. lol Just something to think about. A fall victim might be an everyday occurrence to those in EMS, but I doubt it would hold an audience, you need those 1 out of 100 calls to make a tv show on EMS.

2 cents added. :p

High Speed Chaser

Forum Crew Member

Agreed, loved 3rd watch, but to me anything EMS based is better than nothing. Prefer that to a hospital based setting than House

over dramatized, yes

Agreed, Already annoyed that its got some stupid helicopter explosion/crash. Looks really unrealistic to me.

Then there is "the rebel". Would any EMS personnel take risks like that? (I guess there is always that one in a million)

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Looks interesting from an entertainment standpoint. However, remember something: Most people have no clue how things are really done and won't notice the fact that it's overdramatized or inaccurate. They just want to be entertained. Anyone with any knowledge of EMS will know what they're doing wrong (which will be most of it I'm sure). Anyone with half a brain will also realize that it's just a TV show and not meant to be educational.

I give it one season.