New Name That ECG ems12lead

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
This one is way less scary for me.

http://ems12lead.com/2012/12/name-that-ecg-66yo-female/

I posted my findings and conclusion on there, and I encourage you guys to post your thoughts there too. My conclusion was

56, sinus bradycardia, LAFB, LAE, anteroseptal ischemia
I've seen it, hear people say it, but never am too sure about it, but are those Wellen's t-waves? Wellen's t-waves are just really deep retrograde or biphasic like that, and are in the anterior leads, right?

I can't remember where, but I think I read that if V3 is equal to or less than (I accidentally said greater than on ems12lead) 3 mm, one of the differential is that the electrode could've been placed too high. V1-V3 just look wrong to me like they haven't placed in the right spot.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
This one is way less scary for me.

http://ems12lead.com/2012/12/name-that-ecg-66yo-female/

I posted my findings and conclusion on there, and I encourage you guys to post your thoughts there too. My conclusion was

I've seen it, hear people say it, but never am too sure about it, but are those Wellen's t-waves? Wellen's t-waves are just really deep retrograde or biphasic like that, and are in the anterior leads, right?

I can't remember where, but I think I read that if V3 is equal to or less than (I accidentally said greater than on ems12lead) 3 mm, one of the differential is that the electrode could've been placed too high. V1-V3 just look wrong to me like they haven't placed in the right spot.

What do you guys think?

I'll bite...yep, Wellen's T-waves.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I'll bite...yep, Wellen's T-waves.

I concur....

I have been trying to comment more on the website but it seems I always just end up arguing about oxygen administration :rolleyes:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I though Wellen's T waves were deep, inverted, symmetrical Ts in the anterior leads, not biphasic?

I still don't understand the pathology behind them.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
I though Wellen's T waves were deep, inverted, symmetrical Ts in the anterior leads, not biphasic?

I still don't understand the pathology behind them.

There are two types of Wellen's T-waves. Type 1 are the biphasic T-waves--seen in this case--in the anterior precordials. Type 2 are the classic, deeply symmetric terminal T-wave inversions in the anterior precordials.

It is a sign of a critical LAD stenosis (usually proximal) which may have recently reperfused. Typically you'll get a patient who says, "well my chest hurt, but it feels better now."

These patients are a STEMI equivalent!

Here is a good review from Rhinehardt et al.

Last edited by a moderator: