New EMT student, best place to get help?

Zartage

Forum Ride Along
Hello, a new EMT student in Texas here! Finding the information/class I'm in overwhelming for EMTB and wanted to know the best place to get suggestions on scenario questions. I was thinking of posting something like below in the scenario section is this acceptable? The issues are mainly from questions on my take home quiz so I'm not sure the best way to approach it because I really am looking for advice and direction not the answer and dont want to be accused of cheating.

Example
Dispatched to a residence, PD on scene and secure. Upon arrival there is a lot of tension on scene. I am treating a child 2yoa male. Family members start to argue (Parents) even though PD is doing there best to keep them away from the child. What is the number one thing as a medic to make this scene safer for everyone.

Answer - get permission (no kidnapping allowed) and remove the child from the situation by moving to the back of the unit.
My book says #1 rule is keep yourself safe so my thinking is remove us from the situation.

Thank you for reading!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
These are great questions to work through with your classmates. If one doesn't already exist, form a study group.

Provider safety is paramount, but arguments with PD on scene are something you'll likely face in EMS. In these situations it's typical to move the patient to the safer and more controlled environment of the ambulance.

Good luck!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yes our goal is to stay safe. However if you leave the scene without helping the kid that will probably make family lose it.

Yelling does not mean you need to get out of dodge immediately. It means you or PD need to try to control the scene and calm family.

OP
OP
Z

Zartage

Forum Ride Along
Ty all , MMiz I will work on getting a group together. This is nice to have as a backup! Seems to be a lot of folks with extensive knowledge here.