Needed Advice for a Medic Student

bucfan397

Forum Probie
I will be completing medic school in July and taking the NREMT-P exam in August. Even though I am training in NYC, I plan on moving to Las Vegas following completion of the course.

My question to the community is whether I should test for NY state and NYC in addition to NREMT-P, or am I just delaying my move to Nevada?

Any advice regarding my situation is much appreciated. Thanks.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
I am about to finish paramedic school myself, if I were in your spot, I would take the New York tests as well. You never know when your plans will change and its always good to have options.

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
If you're already planning on moving to NV at some point, might as well start sooner than later. Pretty good job opportunities out there with decent pay compared to cost of living.

Scope is also pretty good, but I am not at all familiar with NY protocols.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
All this love for Nevada all of the sudden. I dig it.

If you don't have any plan or possibility of staying in NY I personally see any reason to take their tests.

NV and Southern NV/Clark County, they're two different OEMSs require NREMT for initial certification.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecgg

Forum Lieutenant
I will be completing medic school in July and taking the NREMT-P exam in August. Even though I am training in NYC, I plan on moving to Las Vegas following completion of the course.

My question to the community is whether I should test for NY state and NYC in addition to NREMT-P, or am I just delaying my move to Nevada?

Any advice regarding my situation is much appreciated. Thanks.

Which program are you currently in?

Some programs will require you to pass NY state exam for you to complete the paramedic program. For you to sit on NREMT-P the program CIC would have to confirm online after you sign up for the registry that this student has successfully completed paramedic program. I would not skip any examinations.

OP
OP
B

bucfan397

Forum Probie
I suppose the only reason why I would take the NY state and NYC exam would be for personal satisfaction.