Need study help!

RetroRocket

Forum Probie
I just registered to take my NREMT-b test for July 10th and although this isn't my first try, I'm looking for reliable and up to date resources to study from.

My class used EMT Prehospital care by Mark c. henry & Edward r. stapleton and although i didn't read through this whole book before, I passed my state written test fine but I can't seem to pass this NREMT! When taking the NREMT i realized my instructor didn't prepare of for this test but only for Maryland State protocols and I was under the impression that that wouldn't differ too much from National standards. Now that i'm reading the book thoroughly i notice a lot of repetitious writing that has got me on edge because, from reading the material this stuff is pretty darn easy and common sense and the NREMT test i took was by no means easy and even contained questions i had never heard of in class! :wacko:

So, if anyone has any suggestions whether it be sites, audibles, books or study techniques that have helped you in any way..PLEASE share.

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Jblearning test prep

Id44

Success for the emt -book

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So did you ever read through the entire text book. Might want to start there ;)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
If you understand the material but are still having problems with the test then the problem may not be with the questions themselves but the way the questions are worded. The NREMT uses a format that can be daunting if you are unfamiliar with it. Rather than giving 3 wrong answers and a right answer it gives you a couple of answers that are mostly right and one that is completely right. Do some research on adaptive testing and exactly how it works. Start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computerized_adaptive_testing