Need some help

WCFASmike

Forum Probie
Hey guys im new here, been on a volly dept. for a little while now and taking my emt-b next year in college. Any way I need some help, since I am the new guy I was put in charge of organizing getting the squad new t-shirts. I need help with a design, anyone have any pics of what their squad shirts look like. I know most of you guys probaly wear like button downs but being a volly service a simple t-shirt will do to throw on. Any help or any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks a lot!

Mike

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
not a clue but I would recommend at least polo shirts. Jump suits only look good if you fly, otherwise you look like a mechanic. T shirts without collars just plain look unprofessional.

PS, it's best to use the KISS method.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

WCFASmike

Forum Probie
we already have polo shirts, but a t shirt is nice to have. 90% of the time our members respond in their regualr clothes. Thats what its like being on a volly squad i guess, or atleast ours.

whats the kiss method

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
whats the kiss method

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Our shirts have our logo on the front left, our name on the front right, and the name of our agency on the back.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
See if your jurisdiction has any guidelines.

We have specific guidelines that uniforms have to follow.

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
I'll add one thing I like to see, under the name on the front put the persons rank. ie: FF/Medic, FF/EMT and then the officers get theres too Chief etc...

For the back, there are lots of possibilities. Either just the department name in a curved design or a big Maltese Cross with the name in it...

just some ideas

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys im new here, been on a volly dept. for a little while now and taking my emt-b next year in college. Any way I need some help, since I am the new guy I was put in charge of organizing getting the squad new t-shirts. I need help with a design, anyone have any pics of what their squad shirts look like. I know most of you guys probaly wear like button downs but being a volly service a simple t-shirt will do to throw on. Any help or any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks a lot!

Mike

dont listen to those telling you to ditch the tee shirts i understand that us volunteers NEVER have time to get a uniform on. so if we have teeshirts we can wear all day we can respond from wherever we are and cut down on response time.

think about it your at a store in town and your pager goes off.....now what. go home and get in uniform ?? dont think so.

try this on :

for regular EMT members - front left breast will have you squads logo
- back will have EMT in large RAID style letters

for EMT cadets -front left breast will have squads logo with cadet
lettered under it (make these shirts a diff color)
- back will have EMT in larger RAID style letters

officers - front left breast with squad logo and LT. CAPT.
President, ect...under it these shirts same color
as regular EMT shirts
- back same as EMT shirts

STAY AWAY from black it bites in the summer.

REGULAR members & Officers - White or gray with BLUE lettering

cadets - blue with white or black lettering......

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I have worked in areas that used T-shirts as well. Actually I have worn everything except a flight suit.

I liked the BLUE t-shirt with YELLOW Star of Life. Be cautious of anything that can be confused with t-shirts the police wear. That's why I like the yellow star of life. It stands out.

I am not a fan at all of button "Class A's" for EMS. I have seen too many providers, myself included confused for LEO. Polo's are not bad either.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
We generally get navy shirts with some type of design like the star of life on the back in white, with the department on the back. The front left chest area also has the department name on it. The tshirts work well and as long as they are taken care of they work well.

I do however like the look of polos with embrodiery (sp) on it with the department name and possibly the first name on it to identy the person. Looks better for large function and looks a little crisper around the edges.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Our SAR unit started embroidering the last name on the back of our hats. How many times do you need to talk to someone and their back is turned to you. 'Hey you' doesn't always get the desired response. Bunker gear generally has the name on the back. Not as important on the front, we can see who you are then.

We do have name tag/id thingies too for the patient and family.

adcantu

Forum Probie
I can send some pictures of our uniforms. We used to have polos, but they were only embroidered with our company logo, so we had to wear name tags with them. We now wear class a uniforms, with our company patch and certification patch, along with name bar and ems badge. We also have t shirts that we wear under our class a shirts, and after 5pm and on weekends we only wear the tshirts. The tshirts have our company patch screenprinted on the left chest, and our name with certification is screenprinted on the right chest. We then have a huge logo from our patch design on the back of our shirts.

I designed our company patch, and can help you design something for you stuff if youd like. let me know!

adcantu

Forum Probie
Here we go... got some pictures for ya. The white class A is for supervisors, The blue is for the rest of our medics. The red tshirts are worn by everyone, and on weekends the supervisors can wear blue if they choose.

amy.jpg

les.jpg

kar.jpg

redshirtfront.jpg

redshirtback.jpg

ok the pictures are a little bigger than i meant for them to be lol... For the record, Im the guy modeling the red shirts... my partner says I look like a sumo wrestler. :ph34r: :glare:

oh and here is our company patch where the logo comes from.

patch.jpg