NBC's 'Trauma' given a DNR

i5adam8

Forum Crew Member
I really wish that TLC would bring back "Paramedics".

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
its about time... enough of the "hero" nonsense and maybe.... just maybe.... some other network will make a similar show that has a "more accurate" depiction of what "really" happens on duty.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
don't count on it

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
A realistic portrayal would be boring after 1 season.

ER learned that, and their initial resonse was to gear up the weird, then spin the soap opera.
Worked too. Same worked for CSI.

Tiberius

Forum Crew Member
So.....no more renegade flight medics rendering patient care by slamming Versed to the overly obnoxious fully immobilized patient then walking away?

No more of that renegade flight medic having Mom ride on the chopper and getting her to perform an open cricothyroidotomy on her kid?

No more medics partying at the beach with their trucks while in civilian attire?

NOOOOOOO!

(That was the only episode I watched; I couldn't bear to see any more.)

It's too bad that most TV dramas based on our field are short-lived. I did like Third Watch in spite of its unrealistic portrayal of EMS (I recall an episode in which Doc, for instance, call for an in-the-field amputation on an MVA pt. whose legs were pinned). That show did well on developing its characters.

I'd almost say bring back "Emergency!", but Hollywood would FUBAR it, so....just a thought...

.....and yes, TLC, or some network, NEEDS to bring back "Paramedics".

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The show actually got A LOT better... I'm kinda sad to see it go... It ended up being pretty good.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
The show actually got A LOT better... I'm kinda sad to see it go... It ended up being pretty good.

It is about to get totally ridiculous again. On a future episode, a passenger plane crashes with hundreds of victims and these idiots running through the flames and jet fuel with no protection.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I did like Third Watch in spite of its unrealistic portrayal of EMS (I recall an episode in which Doc, for instance, call for an in-the-field amputation on an MVA pt. whose legs were pinned).

I work with a medic that did an in-the-field amputation of a patient's leg. Patient was trapped under a train and it would have taken too long to move the train, IF the railroad could have been persuaded to move it.

Tiberius

Forum Crew Member
I work with a medic that did an in-the-field amputation of a patient's leg. Patient was trapped under a train and it would have taken too long to move the train, IF the railroad could have been persuaded to move it.

Interesting...given those circumstances, I can see the sense in doing that.

I've worked in NYC for a few years and never came across a situation like that before, hence my "unrealistic" comment...perhaps I should amend my comment to "unrealistic for that particular system"...(I've seen subway trains perform their own in-the-field amputations before, though...). As I've always said, you can be in this job a hundred years and never see or hear it all...

I appreciate you 'setting me straight'...:D...lol